4dtv Diagnostic screens

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
I know that some of this information used to be readily available on the internet, but one of the major sites that had it, is now defunct. You can get their pages out of the wayback machine at the internet archive, but that's a bit of a PITA. So, I figured I'd grab the screen shots and just slap the stuff right in the image. I'm also thinking about making some flash type tutorials about them maybe with videos captured off my HTPC and my 922.
But for now, I thought I'd get started with just static text in the image.

If anybody has some feedback or would like to see other items marked, let me know. There's a lot more info on this screen, I just figured that I'd mark the more interesting of it.

For now, presenting... Diagnostic Screen C

Attachments

• 4dtv_diag_C.jpg
    4dtv_diag_C.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 223
found them.

I dont know if these would help or not...

Attachments

• Diagnostics Screen A.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 281
  • Diagnostic Screen B.doc
    68.5 KB · Views: 187
  • Diagnostic Screen C.doc
    81 KB · Views: 219
  • Diagnostics Screen D.doc
    111 KB · Views: 411
  • Diagnostics Screen E.doc
    50 KB · Views: 187
  • Diagnostics Screen F.doc
    124 KB · Views: 173
  • Diagnostics Screen G.doc
    87.5 KB · Views: 218
edit: tvropro, I guess you type faster than I

mainly I was trying to make them a little more user friendly/easier to interpret..than the originals.

how bout we convert them to PDF.. or I can make the flash/jpeg versions

edit: tvropro, I guess you type faster than I

mainly I was trying to make them a little more user friendly/easier to interpret..than the originals.

how bout we convert them to PDF.. or I can make the flash/jpeg versions

I have the whole website diag pages on the other PC across the room. If you want the site I can probably zip it down and e-mail it to you. If you want to modify it any (I would suggest because of copyright) and put it back up you can. If you don't have the webspace I could probably find a place on my server for it. I would build a 4DTV website but I don't have the time and it's too much like work. :eek: If you want the originals let me know.

I have the stuff from the wayback machine. I was just trying to make the screens easier to interpret/understand. That's why, for now, I just drew right on the screen shot.
I can host the pages on my server, but figured that since we now have a 4dtv section here, we might include them for forum users

I have the stuff from the wayback machine. I was just trying to make the screens easier to interpret/understand. That's why, for now, I just drew right on the screen shot.
I can host the pages on my server, but figured that since we now have a 4dtv section here, we might include them for forum users

Just a suggestion, make up the webpages the way you want them, host them and ask Ice if theres a way you can put a link stickied in the 4DTV area.

that'll work for me.. Maybe I can use this post then for some feedback on how best to make the screens easily understandable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)