4DTV guide down

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
My 4dtv has no guide info this morning. I rehit myself from both NPS and SRL and still no info. Looks like I need to call NPS when they open and have them contact the ACC. Anyone else having a problem? Let me know so I can let them know it's global.

I had a guide. Now it's gone after i scrolled over a few hrs and guide attempted to load. But, was unsuccesful and wiped out the few hr's of info that i had before.

Had a guide at 2AM gone this morning. Called NPS they said Motorola has been notified. Guess we have to wait now :( :rant:

Have they improved the IPG over the past 6 years? If not, it's not a great loss. :rolleyes:

So, NPS' twitter is giving wrong info?

Guess so, it's the ACC that has the issue NOT NPS OR SRL. We all know Motorola is a bunch of no minds that don't care about C band. Or is it Comcast now since they bought the ACC. :rant:

huh? comcast bought the ACC? UGH, didn't know that.... thanks for ruining my evening :rant:

wondered what the heck happened.. tried to get a good download of the guide yesterday.. just sat and sat.. now I know why I guess..
I'll have to go and check it to see if it's back

edit: yep, I have IPG

huh? comcast bought the ACC? UGH, didn't know that....

Yep quite some time ago. Wonder if there behind the jacked up tier bit fees which caused companies like Viacom to end there relationship with the ACC as far as the MTV Suite on C3 goes?... Ya ThinK :confused:

wondered what the heck happened.. tried to get a good download of the guide yesterday.. just sat and sat.. now I know why I guess..
I'll have to go and check it to see if it's back

edit: yep, I have IPG

Its Murphy's law it has to break always on a weekend when there's no-one to fix it.

Is the guide info still coming from Galaxy 15 Transponder 3 (Encore mux)?

Looking at that mux with TSReader, the guide info appears as Program 50. There are two pids listed, but neither is actually in the stream.

Yes the guide info is still on the G1-3 (4dtv) Starz mux. From what your TSR info says it looks like the data isn't being transmitted by Starz. Could be a link is down that feeds the info. Probably will take the ACC a week to figure that out :(

it must have been up for a short time. I had a few hours of IPG loaded when I posted over the weekend. but no guide last night. I didn't check it before work this morning tho.

I watch TV so sporadically that the guide isn't high on the priority list but when I do want it and it's not there........PANIC!!!!
I'll have to try again and see if it's there this evening.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)