4DTV Guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Swamp_Rat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
South Florida
Any thoughts on why my guide on the DSR 922 quit? It was working fine and now nothing. I left it on G1 3 all night last night and am still getting the guide with no info in all the slots.

Subscriptions to the guide have to be renewed yearly. If you have services it's usually done free.

Yes I am subbed. It just quit the other day. I try to either shut the unit down or run it over to G1 3 every night (somethimes I forget after too many cocktails).

Call your program provider and get a hit. Tell them the Guide isn't working, sometimes that give it a boot to get working.

Are you zeroed in on G15(1), with the little green DC light under the 3 (TP#) on? That was my problem with I couldn't get the guide. Had to bump the dish around a bit and set the polarity.

It's there and the dc light is on. I called NPS and they told me to try to leave it on G1 3 and shut the unit off tonight or unplug and let it sit for an hour to force the download.
Will give it a shot and see what happens.
Thanks for the help!

I would unplug the unit on G1-3 for a few minutes, plug it in and let it go through boot up and leave it alone for 30 minutes. This should restore the guide. If you go to options 6,0,5 then toggle the right arrow to diagnostics F, you should see numbers in row 1 and 2, mine looks like this today, Thurs and has the guide fully loaded.

d: 8- 0 0 0 0 7 7 0 0
8- 0 0 0 0 7 1 0 0

The 7 over 7 means program title & info is loaded fully for that day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)