Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi guys,
I'm thinking about what my options would be if I got an HDtv set and a hdd200 for my 4dtv box.

Are there HD signals in the dvb world? And if I had a dvb box slaved to the 4dtv box, would the hdd200 decode them?

thx,
jerry

HD signals

There are DVB HD programs FTA. You need a receiver such as Integra 815, 912s, Unity Motion 1000, Qualitv or PCI card for computer. HDD200 will only decode the output of a 4DTV receiver. I favor 4DTV because there is a lot of HD to purchase.

JerryK said:
And if I had a dvb box slaved to the 4dtv box, would the hdd200 decode them?

thx,
jerry

You know what? Jerry. I've thought about hooking my HDD200 to the RS232 port on the Pansat 3500s since it has the component output on it. Just to see if it would indeed decode an DVB HD signal. Haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Although I have tried it with my old Manhattan receiver a few years back and it didn't work. The Manhattan doesn't have a component output. Don't know if that would make a difference or not. There is a difference compared to the 4dtv though. The 4dtv has 2 such ports, one is the RS232 and the other, which is the one used for the transfer, is called IPPV. I think maybe the Pansat will probably not work because it doesn't have the IPPV port.

Al

But, I've got to get off my arse and give it a try.

JerryK said:
And if I had a dvb box slaved to the 4dtv box, would the hdd200 decode them?

No, it won't work. The HDD200/201 will only work with certain Motorola equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts