4dtv help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
i tried using a dsr 922 and dsr 410 aimed at amc3 for the free dg2 chans. I factory reset them both and tried to manualt tune them to the signal they both show good signal but i cant get anything

on the 922 you need to download the channel maps first off of a premium movie transponder (C-Band)

do some reading on the 410...we've never been able to get any other maps other than starchoice

the 922 has to be on cband to work?? darn i gave 75 for it was that a good price?

to get the channel maps you have to have C-Band..once its set up then you can use KU only

but doing the master reset makes it so you need to use C-Band first to get the channel maps downloaded. The 4DTV arent like FTA DVB boxes for loading channels

I had no luck with the DSR-410 on AMC3 Ku. I was trying for GPB. I've since bought a DSR-4200V commercial IRD and it gets GPTV and the 5 sub-channels perfectly on a 1.2m P* dish with oem LNBF. Search DSR-410 on the forums....me and Iceberg wrote a novel on here when we were experimenting with 'em!:D

If you know someone who has a C-Band dish, you can ask them if they would let you use there dish to load the Maps into your 922.....? Then you should have the channels you need...?

yep you're right Al....as long as they can see a premium movie channel they should be good to go. I have issues with G1 TP3 but I use the Starz mux on G5/14 just fine to download maps

The receiver has a serial port can you load them onto it using the serial port?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)