4DTV KU Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChuckBoozer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
Quick question - with the demise of the X4 KU channels last year, are there any full-time KU channels available on 4DTV?

Last edited:
hehe, well I was wrong then. KU does have some afterall :D

Isn't that Star choice? not a good ides to go to any star choice satellite with a 920 or 922.

If you go to a Starchoice sat, it's possible for the DSR920 and 922 to download different firmware and channel mapping. Requiring a master reset to correct to issue. The DSR905 is safe because it's maps do not include analog.

I got this info from another site:

"A 905 can accept the A2 maps without experiencing problems. A 920
or 922 will have problems if both the US and A2 maps are downloaded.
A 4DTV can only hold a limited number of transponder definitions. A 905
does not accept the maps for the analog channels, so when it downloads
the US maps it has far fewer transponders defined than the 920 or 922."

A2 is Starchoice and has a few preview type channels. As noted above the 905 is immune from the "download from hell" but I noticed the 905 guide gets VERY SLOW when you downalod them

Oklahoma PBS on AMC5 600 is about it

I'm certainly no 4DTV expert as I have recently, and almost reluctantly, rescued my first unit (920) from dumpster fate. The video output was messed up, the menus were whacked-out and there was no remote, but with a little fooling around, a master reset and some universal remote programming, it started to work.

I went to G1 to load the maps and after making the rounds for FTA channels, I figured what the heck, let's try A2. Worst that could happen is another master reset or the originally expected pre-rescue outcome. It's slaved off another receiver anyway. No problems. I've been going back and forth, and while I haven't left it on A2 overnight, it's sat there turned on for several hours at a time. Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe the channel maps aren't as large as they used to be.

Not to hijack the thread too much, but since this might be related to my misbehaviors, is it possible to receive Lyngsat's transponder 19 DC2 channels on M5? Does the 920 not recognize the FEC? I get the DC2 light on channel 19, but with the maps I have loaded, I can't find a channel that maps to any on Lyngsat's list (Elgourmet, etc.).

A2 is Starchoice and has a few preview type channels.

There are also channels called "Access" and "Knowledge" that were kind of interesting. Because I get PBS off AMC21, I have to say that as long as I'm only doing FTA, these two were more compelling to me than anything I found elsewhere on 4DTV.

Access and Knowledge are the Alberta & BC "public" broadcaster.....they have PBS shows on it but other stuff at night

I went to G1 to load the maps and after making the rounds for FTA channels, I figured what the heck, let's try A2. Worst that could happen is another master reset or the originally expected pre-rescue outcome. It's slaved off another receiver anyway. No problems. I've been going back and forth, and while I haven't left it on A2 overnight, it's sat there turned on for several hours at a time. Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe the channel maps aren't as large as they used to be.

Press options 6-0-5 then left twice, if the number at the top in the middle is 1920 then you maxed out your memory.

Press options 6-0-5 then left twice, if the number at the top in the middle is 1920 then you maxed out your memory.

I had already done a master reset, loaded maps from G1 and then to M5 to see if I could get elgourmet. No joy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)