4DTV & KU Dish Only?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
out of curiosity, why do I never see the SAMI line of dishes recommended here?

I am not a big fan of mesh dishes especially for Ku-band reception, though I think Sami has a 8.5' dish and this would be perfect for 2 degree spacing since even the Geosat is not large enough.

I was hoping and expecting "You" to recommend the SAMI dish. And then I was going to agree with you.

Al

My experience with the 1.8 Meter is too limited at this time that I don't have enough info to give a thumbs up like I have done for the Toroidals for 2 years.

I am deciding whether to polar mount it or move to a 7.5 foot and polar mount that - or move to a 2.4M Offset Prodelin, so that's why I was curious why I see so little on these dishes.

I have asked some profesional in the satellite field and they say they are inconsistent - as they are not precision molded - but then again, we are talking commercial people with tighter tolerances as well. I don't want any extra inches than I have to have, as I am already playing with fire with the HOA.

And, fwiw, I don't think SAMI has a 8.5 Dish - it appears to go from 7.5 to 10 feet on their site.

And, fwiw, I don't think SAMI has a 8.5 Dish - it appears to go from 7.5 to 10 feet on their site.
You're probably right, I was thinking the dishes that Skyvision have were SAMI. I think I read "that" somewhere, but on there site they're called Skyvision dishes. That doesn't mean that SAMI isn't making them for Skyvision, somebody is? Skyvision has an 8.5' dish that looks a lot like the SAMI dish.

Al

Xtreme 0.3dB LNBF

I am using an Xtreme 0.3db LNBF and the 4dtv changes the polarites. I just went into setup and chose KU LNBF.

What kind of LNB do you need to on a Fortec dish that works good, and how to change polarities without slaving the 4dtv with FTA receiver?

Mine works ok, I just hate slaving it.
Not upgraded to a corotor II just yet either.

I noticed last night that SRL (Programming Center) updated their Ku-only digipack to include more channels, but at a higher price. Still a pretty nice bundle if you can do Ku only.

I'm dreaming about it, but not likely available to me here in Canada (none of the Canadian resellers offer a Ku-only pack).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)