4dtv little or no signal quality in the morning but good signal at night

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jullius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
La Crosse, WI
I have a dsr922 that I've been using with HITS for about 18 months. In the last month or so, the signal is always below threshold in the morning. Between 1-35 quality, but as the day goes on it slowly climbs up to 64 and stays that way until sometime overnight. I usually have the receiver tuned to NickJr. I'm using a 6 ft WSI special for the dish.

Any ideas as to what is going on? I have tried re-aiming the dish and swapped out an lnbf, but it makes no difference.

I have a dsr922 that I've been using with HITS for about 18 months. In the last month or so, the signal is always below threshold in the morning. Between 1-35 quality, but as the day goes on it slowly climbs up to 64 and stays that way until sometime overnight. I usually have the receiver tuned to NickJr. I'm using a 6 ft WSI special for the dish.

Any ideas as to what is going on? I have tried re-aiming the dish and swapped out an lnbf, but it makes no difference.

Have you tried a different receiver, to eliminate that possibility? Any fta receiver should work.

Check your coax connections at your ground block. Could be moisture in the line somewhere.

Scott has a good point.
Two users reporting weak signals on *some* transponders in the last month, suffered from bad/spliced/wrong coax.

:) I knew somebody would confuse me with Scott today using the same avatar.

Let us know if you get it figured out.

Check the pole. Might have moved (tipped). Any how it's mounted, movement is possible. Might just need a little"tweak".

I think it was a coax / moisture problem. It has mysteriously fixed itself before I could get out and test a new run of coax. If it happens again. I am going to check that first.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts