4DTV Programming, where do you guys buy it ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Inno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
NW Ontario, Canada
Like the title says, I just got a DSR905 (Thanks Linuxman!) and I am looking for some programming........well I will be once I get it set up, hopefully this bitterly cold weekend!
I looked at NPS but for the channels I want (Scripps Mini pkg. mostly) they want me to sub to a minimum of 10 other services to qualify.
I looked at Programming Center.net and it seems to have what I want but the prices are a little higher than what Skyvision is offering and if I'm not mistaken their programming is done through Programming Center is it not?
So if Skyvision is the cheapest for what I want would that be the way to go?
Where do you guys get yours from?

So you can pick and choose the best deal from all of them? That's pretty sweet!
Why if Skyvision goes through SRL would their prices be lower. I'm comparing the Digital Basic Pkg. from Skyvision ($13.83 a month with annual sub.) with the Value Pkg. from SRL ($18.69 a month with annual sub.) . The Skyvision Pkg. seems to have a couple more channels and is $5 cheaper, am I missing something?

I use NPS, SRL, (programming center) and Skyvision.
Ditto, although I'm currently without any subscriptions. I'm in one of those moods where I'm depriving myself of some quality programming and thinking I'm saving some money. Yet in reality, I just blow it on something else..... I'm sure to be back soon. I told the lady, when they called about my subscription running out, that I would probably be back around April or May. But, you never know?

I like SPS - satelliteprogramming.com. It's a self service system, no phone calls. They're always responsive and helpful with anything you need.

I'm looking into the 410 W5 deal with SkyVis as well as pkgs from all of the above for the 920.
Want to split programming between 2 (possibly more) receivers without duplicating channels (so each receiver gets certain channels - since there are no multi-receiver discounts :(
The hard part is trying to nail down what channels are watched and when.
But Inno, YES even with a single receiver you can get a package from one provider and a different package from another.
That's why I absolutely love this setup... (almost) exactly what you want with very little fluff...
Also why I HATE E* & D* because to get one channel you have to subscribe to all the other junk that you'll never watch...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)