Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
I have acquired a DSR 922 receiver and was checking it over. Can anyone point me to a translation of satellite names listed in the receiver to their respective locations? I have been trying to find one here in the forum with not much luck.

I have acquired a Motorola 922 receiver and was checking it over. Can anyone point me to a translation of satellite names listed in the receiver to their respective locations? I have been trying to find one here in the forum with not much luck.
Magic Static

Here is a list. Don't remember where I got it so can't give credit where due.

Think it was Map Maaster.

Attachments

• 7_Satellite_position(1a).doc
    83.5 KB · Views: 299
Reactions: Magic Static
Just off the top of my head;
C4 135,G1 133,C3 131,G9 129 or 127 forget,G5 125,Go 123,T7 121,X4/W5 105,W1 103,W4 101,G4 99,T5 97,G3 95,GB 93,T4 89,W3 87,W9 83,W6 72.
You can kinda fill in the blanks for the rest of them,there are also Ku sats if you have "both C and Ku LNB's" selected in set up.

Pretty good for off the top of your head Waylew. G9 is Galaxy 13 and is at 127. GB is Galaxy 17 and is at 91 not 93. T6/L6 is Galaxy 25 at 93. The list attached by Cardinal (above) looks pretty good except G7 became GB.

DRCars

Just for reference, here are the satellite maps that were in the 4dtv when Motorola quit support. The third entry in the lines starting with SIT is the satellite position. The file posted above is from the MapMaster site just like this one is.

Jim

Attachments

• 8_MotorolaMaps.txt
    401.1 KB · Views: 231
I have never understood the common practice of using the current satellite name -- Galaxy ..., AMC ..., etc., over the orbital position i.e. 97W? The name of the bird thats up there changes slowly over time but the orbital position is constant. For me at least, its easier to remember orbital positions.

And then, whoever (GI and/or Motorola) giving 'em another name(or designation), really confused me. WTH??
Could never think of a good reason as to 'why'(?)

I don't mind the names as long as everyone one calls them the same. One company calling them one thing and then another calling them something else WTH. Call them what they are if it is SES1 or Galaxy 19, etc.

In the case of the 4dtv, the programed satellite names made it possible to select a specific satellite using the remote without having to go through the menu. The number keys on the remote also have letters assigned to them.

Reactions: trinidex
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts