4K Events Discussion Thread

The 4K Joey could not do 4K HDR for the Winter Olympics. I doubt they fixed it. They don't know how to separate the 4K from the 4K HDR.
Yep, I remember that. There was a workaround but it still sucked!

I reset my H3 and now I’m getting sound and picture.

You’ll probably need to adjust your settings when watching it. I had to save a custom memory for HDR material. It’ll display really washed out otherwise.
The game recorded but when I tried to play it there was an error screen and when I pressed ok it exits the recording. Is there a way to get it to play. I see the program behind the error message.

The game recorded but when I tried to play it there was an error screen and when I pressed ok it exits the recording. Is there a way to get it to play. I see the program behind the error message.

I get the same error.

When it comes up I hit the DVR button and then the back button. Then it plays.

I'll have to trust everyone that the games are on 540-02. My 4K Joey shows 540-01 and there is nothing on it for the next couple of days that I checked, so I removed it from my My HD Guide again.

I'll have to trust everyone that the games are on 540-02. My 4K Joey shows 540-01 and there is nothing on it for the next couple of days that I checked, so I removed it from my My HD Guide again.

Only my H3 was able to receive the games on channel 540-02 yesterday. Last week I thought my guide on one of my 4KJ's was displaying 540-02, now it's gone or I mistook it...Probably was & still is 540-01.

I'm looking forward to the battle of two of the Titans today, Portugal vs Spain 1:00 pm central.

What's the minimum package needed to get the games in 4k? I have FS1, but 540-01 is blocked with the window saying the channel is not available to me. I chatted in and also called and no one I talked to had a clue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I just checked the list and it says 540 should be available on 110 sat and 61.5.
I have dishes pointed at 77-110-119
And i get signal on 110 transponder 11 and I still don’t get the channel.
Is there a way to get it.

The Morocco- Iran match is not listed on the guide however they are showing the teams practicing on the field right now on the 4K HDR channel

Looks like they will broadcast this match and looks promising for the other games not listed later on in the week if this is the trend.
(Unless of course they stop the feed and go to a graphic saying World Cup not available or something which would tick me off.);)

The Morocco- Iran match is not listed on the guide however they are showing the teams practicing on the field right now on the 4K HDR channel

Looks like they will broadcast this match and looks promising for the other games not listed later on in the week if this is the trend.
(Unless of course they stop the feed and go to a graphic saying World Cup not available or something which would tick me off.);)
I just popped in and it looks as if it may be half time. They were showing some highlights. I wish they would get the guide correct it would make recording much simpler.

I just checked the list and it says 540 should be available on 110 sat and 61.5.
I have dishes pointed at 77-110-119
And i get signal on 110 transponder 11 and I still don’t get the channel.
Is there a way to get it.
Are you using a Hopper 3? A 4K Joey is unable to receive HDR.

With people cord cutting, Dish finds ways to drive them away. We paid premium for a 4K Joey that could not do the last 2 major 4K events at all . About 1/2 of the 4k tvs in the US are non HDR. Dish did not fix the mistakes of the Winter Olympics and take away the dumb HDR message. The program shows in the background. They even created a separate 540-01 4K channel and did not get the conversion from 4K HDR to 4k as its competitors were able to do.

Reactions: pattykay
With people cord cutting, Dish finds ways to drive them away. We paid premium for a 4K Joey that could not do the last 2 major 4K events at all . About 1/2 of the 4k tvs in the US are non HDR. Dish did not fix the mistakes of the Winter Olympics and take away the dumb HDR message. The program shows in the background. They even created a separate 540-01 4K channel and did not get the conversion from 4K HDR to 4k as its competitors were able to do.
Maybe Dish does not want to use 540-01 for a down-converted version of what is on 540-02. They want to create the illusion that they have different, additional 4K content on 540-01. (Maybe they actually do have something else scheduled for 540-01. The World Cup is a month-long event tying up 540-02, so who knows what Dish could find to put on 540-01 at some point in the next month.)

Well I recorded the 4k feed and did the DVR/back to get rid of Dish's error message. The picture I got was terrible even with many adjustment, The up converted 1080i picture was much better. So until I get a 4K HDR TV Dish's 4K HDR channel is useless to me. I now see there is at least 4 HDRs available HDR, HDR10, HDR10+, and HDR Dolby Video. I hope Dish's 4K HDR channel can handle them all.