4K Events Discussion Thread

Please let me know if DiSH will have NBC Olympics in 4K

Thanks everyone and hope all had a great Holiday.

Reactions: dtv757
From my own 4K Joey, I took a pic of the screen. :)

hdr1.JPG
hdr2.JPG

What about Golf The Open (15july - 18july) . Will Dish have that in 4K as well ? Or just Olympics

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

What about Golf The Open (15july - 18july) . Will Dish have that in 4K as well ? Or just Olympics

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Don't know... but it would be a good test.:)
Okay, I'll make a prediction. Those Olympics test channels will be relabeled GOLF when they actually become available, and then change back to their Olympics labels right before the Olympics. Good to have some golf in 4K HDR. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
One could say why is there a 540-02 at all. There has never, and I mean never, been anything shown on it in the years it has been there. ;)
And furthermore, why do we need two Olympics test channels to replace it (or in addition to it)? Does this really mean that Dish is suddenly going to go from having no 4K HDR at all to now needing to provide three simultaneous 4K HDR events during the Olympics? :eeek

And furthermore, why do we need two Olympics test channels to replace it (or in addition to it)? Does this really mean that Dish is suddenly going to go from having no 4K HDR at all to now needing to provide three simultaneous 4K HDR events during the Olympics? :eeek
Very possibly! :)

Okay, I'll make a prediction. Those Olympics test channels will be relabeled GOLF
Not looking that way. But the guide info shows 540-04 as OL4K1 - Olympic Channel 4K Coverage and 540-05 is OL4K2 with the guide data showing as GOLF Channel 4K coverage.

BTW these channels were not removed as was shown on James uplink report, that appears to be a mistake.

According to the guide data there appears to be a total of 6 4K channels up on DISH, 539 being 4KTST, 540-01 being 4K, 540-02 4KHDR, 540-03 4K2, 540-04 OL4K1, and 540-05 OL4K2. With that said not all of them may not active, and some may be mapped to another channels (such as 4KTST to OL4K1)

Reactions: pattykay
But the guide info shows 540-04 as OL4K1 - Olympic Channel 4K Coverage and 540-05 is OL4K2 with the guide data showing as GOLF Channel 4K coverage.

BTW these channels were not removed as was shown on James uplink report, that appears to be a mistake.
I think the uplink report was technically correct, if you understand James's designations. Their previous status was "Available (Limited)" which means that they were available to some group outside of the normal pool of testers, but still not available to the general public. The switch to "No Longer Available" meant that specific group lost access to these channels, but they remained uplinked in regular "TEST" mode, only available to testers. If you are seeing these channels in your guide, that must mean that you have access to a receiver on a Beta tester account that is authorized for the TEST channels. ;) :)