4K Events Discussion Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Reactions: dtv757
Channel 540-04 and 540-05 are both currently showing a Duke versus Notre Dame football game in 4K HDR.

They must be testing. This is not Olympics. But both show up as 3840 x 2160 4K and HDR. The picture and Guide are very dark.

This is a September 2020 game. They are replaying a clip of the last 6 minutes of the third quarter. You can tell they are making adjustments and the picture is getting brighter. The menus are still very dark.
Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Channel 540-04 and 540-05 are both currently showing a Duke versus Notre Dame football game in 4K HDR.

They must be testing. This is not Olympics. But both show up as 3840 x 2160 4K and HDR. The picture and Guide are very dark.

This is a September 2020 game. They are replaying a clip of the last 6 minutes of the third quarter. You can tell they are making adjustments and the picture is getting brighter. The menus are still very dark.
I noticed that too. I just checked it for a minute, but I noticed it was dark and the menus were very dark.

I am back inside after doing 45 minutes of line trimming along my fence row.
It is now 2:07 PM and Dish must have finished their testing. Both 540-04 and 540-05 are back to the channel unavailable menu. Hopefully they were able to fix the darkness in the menu.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Whatever contractual or technical issues prevented DISH from having the NBC 4K stream for the Olympics, I hope they resolve it by February if the Super Bowl is broadcast in 4K this year since NBC has it :) (and NBC seems likely to broadcast it in 4K since they already have experience with Notre Dame 4K broadcasts)

Opening ceremony looked pretty good on Youtube 4K. Audio was sometimes garbled for some of the spoken dialogue but the rest was fine. Also, some comments about 4K Joey handling. Not happening as it can’t deal with 4K HDR. Interesting though as my system told me it was 4K SDR (for Youtube) but could be wrong…. SJ

Checked the Dish 4K channels and still get HDCP errors. I reported this to Dish like 6 months ago and still not fixed? SJ

Opening ceremony looked pretty good on Youtube 4K. Audio was sometimes garbled for some of the spoken dialogue but the rest was fine. Also, some comments about 4K Joey handling. Not happening as it can’t deal with 4K HDR. Interesting though as my system told me it was 4K SDR (for Youtube) but could be wrong…. SJ

Checked the Dish 4K channels and still get HDCP errors. I reported this to Dish like 6 months ago and still not fixed? SJ
Just get an EDID minder.

Reactions: charlesrshell