4K Events Discussion Thread

Showing availability for me in 4K ... via D*

dc78d819b041468aeb0857a9ad5eabfb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yes it is, on Vudu.

I own Season 1-4 on Vudu in UHD.
I suppose, if you buy it, it is available in 4K. It was never available that way on either the Paramount Channel, Paramount+, or Peacock. Of course I watch Yellowstone and 1883 with my Apple TV 4K and it upscales them to 4K.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Showing availability for me in 4K ... via D*

dc78d819b041468aeb0857a9ad5eabfb.jpg

I believe this is the first time a regular cable channel is showing Content in 4K, wonder why only DirecTV has it?

I don't watch the show ... but I do remember random guide advertising about it ...

Also currently viewing via D* on demand

I don't watch the show ... but I do remember random guide advertising about it ...

Also currently viewing via D* on demand

It is a great show, my wife and I never watched it until a few months ago, burned threw the first season in a couple of days, tried to wait until the 4th season was done to start the 2nd, then a few months, watch the 3rd, then a few months, watch the 4th, by that time the 5th would be on, watch that, well, finished the 2nd, then the 3rd, then the 4th over 2 weeks, could not stop ourselves, now the long wait until the 5th.

By the way, just checked YTTV on demand, not in 4K, 1080P yes.

I believe this is the first time a regular cable channel is showing Content in 4K, wonder why only DirecTV has it?
Could be of of the few that are "New" or current. but there are a lot of shows on ch 104 from like Discovery channel, Animal Planet., Smithsonian ch in 4K.

Insane Pools: Off the Deep End
Aerial Britain
Million Dollar House Hunters...

and more ...

Recorded the Big 10 Tournament: Indiana vs. Michigan game on 540-02. The picture is fantastic. Sharp vivid colors and sharp well defined picture. This is the best 4K HDR picture that I have seen. I think they are using 4K cameras and not just up converting 1080P. The lighting is perfect and the zoom is correct. Dish finally has gotten 4K HDR correct. I feel sorry for Dish customers with 4K Joeys or TV’s that can’t do HDR. This is sports shown in all its glory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m watching the St. John’s / Villanova game live on 540-01 right now and I agree that the PQ is fantastic….

I agree the picture is good but the lighting is darker and the Zoom is further out so the players are smaller. Of course the lighting is dependent on the facility and the Zoom is dependent on the camera location. Still a great picture but not quite as perfect.

I need to set some timers for the B1G Ten Tournament!

Edit: Boo, Dish! I can’t schedule a timer for 540-01 on my 4K Joey. That’s just wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
So does no one else get this annoying message on the 540 channels? I don’t get it. I have a new 4K tv (QN90A, new Denon receiver (S960H), and all new HDMI cables. And I still get this message 75% of the time. Sometimes it will work for a while then the picture goes out and this message comes back. Very frustrating.

e18dbe18b80537ed49125f4fce42c5b3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Edit: Boo, Dish! I can’t schedule a timer for 540-01 on my 4K Joey. That’s just wrong.
Not only can you not set a timer on that 4K Joey, you can’t watch it live either because both channels are now HDR and the games are HDR as well.

Hopefully when they finally release the new Joey4 this summer it will do 4K HDR. Dish needs to prioritize replacing the 4K Joeys with the new Joey4s. It is not fair to customers that paid extra for a 4K Joey and now find that it won’t do Dish 4K HDR content. If I was you I would call and complain.

Well, I brought up Dish Anywhere, and it will show me the two 540 channels. Only the Friday B1G Ten games aren’t listed in the Guide. Maybe they’ll show up tomorrow morning?

So does no one else get this annoying message on the 540 channels? I don’t get it. I have a new 4K tv (QN90A, new Denon receiver (S960H), and all new HDMI cables. And I still get this message 75% of the time. Sometimes it will work for a while then the picture goes out and this message comes back. Very frustrating.

e18dbe18b80537ed49125f4fce42c5b3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Handshaking between your Hopper3, Denon receiver, and your Samsung TV is failing. Are you HDMI cabled from your Hopper3 to your Denon and then to your Samsung TV? If so I would try going directly from your Hopper3 to the Samsung TV with the HDMI cabling.
Also some have had success by channeling up and down to restore the connection.

The Handshaking between your Hopper3, Denon receiver, and your Samsung TV is failing. Are you HDMI cabled from your Hopper3 to your Denon and then to your Samsung TV? If so I would try going directly from your Hopper3 to the Samsung TV with the HDMI cabling.
Also some have had success by channeling up and down to restore the connection.

Try the Back button too.

Reactions: dweber