4K Events Discussion Thread

I thought the 4K was a little disappointing also. I was switching between the 4K feed, HD feed on NFL Network, and Network feed from my OTA adapter. The OTA feed seemed to look best to me.

Reactions: pattykay
I'm not a AppleTV expert.
But it definately looked better and looked like HDR was on the FS APP.

Same the week before for NFL ATV and FS APP.

I do have it set on ATV to be 4K 60P and HDR (if that is a setup choice?).

That is all I know. But it still looked better than Dish.
Color with ATV was more vivid and colorful than Dish.

ATV also did not have the SDR look of higher contrast and overly bright white that the Dish version had.

Just wish I could record the FS APP so I could do more comparing after the live showing.

I hate the AppleTV remotes. They the worst.
How can such a smart tech company have about the worst remote on the planet.

bjf

Just wait for the 4K HDR Joey and 4K HDR Wally to come out, so everyone can watch those events, and then the channel will probably get used more. ;)
Do you think that is why there is no HDR yet because there are no 4K HDR Joeys available? I think DISH should let us have HDR anyway. There are bunches of Hopper 3s out there that would love to have HDR programs. Are you hearing any rumors that DISH is working on a 4K HDR Joey?

Do you think that is why there is no HDR yet because there are no 4K HDR Joeys available? I think DISH should let us have HDR anyway. There are bunches of Hopper 3s out there that would love to have HDR programs. Are you hearing any rumors that DISH is working on a 4K HDR Joey?
The scheduled release date is sometime between the 12th of Never and February 30th. ;)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Anyone heard anything about ESPN finally pushing 4K on their main channel on Dish?
For some reason I heard it some where but haven't seen anything more of it.

540-03 has nothing scheduled at the moment. It is a straight 4K channel not HDR. So, there could be two 4K events going at the same time sometime in the future.

Reactions: dtv757
540-03 has been added before and then later deleted from the guide.

Not sure if they ever used it when it was there before.

bjf

Reactions: pattykay