4K Events Discussion Thread

I am new to the discussion and I imagine this question has been discusse, but how can you find out in advance when DISH is going to have a program in 4K on Channel 540? I’ve searched the internet and contacted DISH, but I haven’t gotten an answer. Right now, I can only go to the guide and see if anything is on Channel 540 at this moment. Ideas? Thanks!

I am new to the discussion and I imagine this question has been discusse, but how can you find out in advance when DISH is going to have a program in 4K on Channel 540? I’ve searched the internet and contacted DISH, but I haven’t gotten an answer. Right now, I can only go to the guide and see if anything is on Channel 540 at this moment. Ideas? Thanks!
You can forward your Guide day by day or simply watch this thread: Dish 4K Event Listings (No Discussion)

Keep in mind that guide listings, and that thread, often don't update until very near the event.

Lack of sharpness has never been the issue with 540-01. It’s always been lack of color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looked the same on the Fox Sports App on the Roku, sharp and dull colors.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

It looked the same on the Fox Sports App on the Roku, sharp and dull colors.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
I watched the Super Bowl on the Fox Sports App on my Roku Ultra. It was spectacular. My son, who is an audio video engineer even remarked how great it looked.

Reactions: dtv757
You can't do that. You would change it for the event, not the channel, then change it back when you are finished with the event.

Sorry for the delay in replying. My laptop hard drive failed and I spent most of yesterday at Microcenter.

Bobby is correct. The Vivid setting is tied to the HDMI input. Most of my watching is done with recorded content. When I checked the TV setting on a Dish 1080i program I checked a previous recorded program where I had the TV picture set to Standard. What you need to do is only turn Vivid on when you are watching an event on channel 540-01.
Sorry for the misinformation. I apologize.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: cosmo_kramer
I saw the post about big east tournament (in the no discussion theread) ...

Please let me know if big 10 tournament shows up in the dish guide.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
I saw the post about big east tournament (in the no discussion theread) ...

Please let me know if big 10 tournament shows up in the dish guide.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Not at this time. I see it on the guide for the HD channel but not the 4K channel. I am not expecting it if it follows last year's history.

There was a question in the no discussion thread as to if what was listed there was available in 4K on the Hopper 3. The answer is yes to both the Hopper 3 and the 4K Joey. The no discussion thread means just that, no discussion. All discussion should be made in this thread.

There was a question in the no discussion thread as to if what was listed there was available in 4K on the Hopper 3. The answer is yes to both the Hopper 3 and the 4K Joey. The no discussion thread means just that, no discussion. All discussion should be made in this thread.

So, the Big East tournament will be shown in 4K for those with a Hopper 3?