4K Joey Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DialgaChampion

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
New York
A couple of things I wanted to ask about to see if I could get some answers or advice on.

First, I notice that every time my H3 downloads a new software update during the night and then resets, the next morning when I turn on my 4K Joey on the other tv, instead of immediately going to the last channel it was on, it instead brings up the tuners/activity screen, and I always have to hit the back button on the remote to get out of it. Doesn't happen with the H3 itself, only the Joey. To add to that, whenever this happens, the timer settings for recording programs on the joey go back to their defaults (1 min early, 3 mins late, highest priority, keep only 20). Is this normal behavior for the 4K Joeys or just mine acting up?

Also, on the same topic, I've had issues with the volume of channels as well. Again, this seems to mainly happen on the joey, not the H3 itself, but for example I'll be watching a program on a channel, it'll cut to commercial, and then when the commercial ends and the program comes back on, the volume is much lower than it was before, even though I didn't change the TV volume controls at all. It'll stay this way for about 2-3 minutes, and then the volume of the show will go back to the way it was originally. Seems to happen a lot more when I'm watching shows on my locals (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX), than on the other specialty cable networks, but again just wondering if this is specifically an issue with the networks themselves or the joey. I tried messing around with settings > audio > volume leveling but it doesn't seem to matter whether it's on or off (did this in the settings menus on both the 4k joey and h3).

And last thing, I was thinking of maybe getting a second H3 to replace the joey if it is indeed the problem here with the above two issues. I've got the hybrid 1000.2 eastern lnb and the solo hub right now. I know I need a duo hub, but not sure if I need anything else as well. On top of that, I forgot about what changed here with DIRT, so how would I go about contacting them to activate the new receiver? I don't use facebook/twitter but they've always been way more competent than if I call dish directly.

A couple of things I wanted to ask about to see if I could get some answers or advice on.

First, I notice that every time my H3 downloads a new software update during the night and then resets, the next morning when I turn on my 4K Joey on the other tv, instead of immediately going to the last channel it was on, it instead brings up the tuners/activity screen, and I always have to hit the back button on the remote to get out of it. Doesn't happen with the H3 itself, only the Joey. To add to that, whenever this happens, the timer settings for recording programs on the joey go back to their defaults (1 min early, 3 mins late, highest priority, keep only 20). Is this normal behavior for the 4K Joeys or just mine acting up?

Also, on the same topic, I've had issues with the volume of channels as well. Again, this seems to mainly happen on the joey, not the H3 itself, but for example I'll be watching a program on a channel, it'll cut to commercial, and then when the commercial ends and the program comes back on, the volume is much lower than it was before, even though I didn't change the TV volume controls at all. It'll stay this way for about 2-3 minutes, and then the volume of the show will go back to the way it was originally. Seems to happen a lot more when I'm watching shows on my locals (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX), than on the other specialty cable networks, but again just wondering if this is specifically an issue with the networks themselves or the joey. I tried messing around with settings > audio > volume leveling but it doesn't seem to matter whether it's on or off (did this in the settings menus on both the 4k joey and h3).

And last thing, I was thinking of maybe getting a second H3 to replace the joey if it is indeed the problem here with the above two issues. I've got the hybrid 1000.2 eastern lnb and the solo hub right now. I know I need a duo hub, but not sure if I need anything else as well. On top of that, I forgot about what changed here with DIRT, so how would I go about contacting them to activate the new receiver? I don't use facebook/twitter but they've always been way more competent than if I call dish directly.
You need more than a duo hub. You need a 42 Switch and you need to change the Eastern Arc Hybrid LNBF to an Eastern Arc DPP LNBF with 2 cables running to the switch

Attachments

• dp6.png
    dp6.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 310
For the volume issue, I had the same thing happen on my Wally early this year, although it seems to have settled out now. It was especially bad while I was watching Crisis on Infinite Earths, but it also happened on some other CW shows. I assumed that it was just an issue at the local station. It could possibly be that Dish is having technical issues with the signals they are receiving from your local stations, though.

For the volume issue, I had the same thing happen on my Wally early this year, although it seems to have settled out now. It could possibly be that Dish is having technical issues with the signals they are receiving from your local stations, though.

Yeah, that's what I thought might be the case. I've put up with it for about 2 years now, but figured I'd ask anyway in case I was missing something on my end.

You need a 42 Switch and you need to change the Eastern Arc Hybrid LNBF to an Eastern Arc DPP LNBF with 2 cables running to the switch

Does the DPP fit in the same way as the Hybrid, or is it angled differently, meaning I would need to re-align the dish itself again?

Yeah, that's what I thought might be the case. I've put up with it for about 2 years now, but figured I'd ask anyway in case I was missing something on my end.

Does the DPP fit in the same way as the Hybrid, or is it angled differently, meaning I would need to re-align the dish itself again?
No, it's the same, unless you have a slimline, meaning a tinier LNB - which are pretty new still. Then you'd need a new LNB Bracket.

ES218791-BRKT_zoom.jpg

201700_1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)