4k Joey

jdavis

Original poster
Mar 22, 2006
Apologies if this has already been covered but I am wondering if the 4k Joey upscales HD channels better than the Super Joey provided with my Hopper 3. I understand that 4k content on Dish is currently limited to Netflix and limited VOD titles. I ask, in part, because certain content (example dark scenes on AMC's Preacher) look splotchy on my 4k set (LG OLED) and are virtually unwatchable. Thanks in advance for any help.

The Hopper 3 and any of the Joeys do not upscale to 4K at all. They provide the 720/1080 signal depending on how you set them to theTV. Your tv does the up scaling from that. The only time a Hopper 3 or 4K Joey provide a 4K video to your tv is when the source material is in 4K. I.e.; currently only some VOD and Netflix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
The Hopper 3 and any of the Joeys do not upscale to 4K at all. They provide the 720/1080 signal depending on how you set them to theTV. Your tv does the up scaling from that. The only time a Hopper 3 or 4K Joey provide a 4K video to your tv is when the source material is in 4K. I.e.; currently only some VOD and Netflix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I have had the 4K Joey for 4 months now. I am still waiting for Netflix and PIP. There are probably not many 4K Joey subs and Dish is working at a snails pace , if at all, in solving these issues. Fortunately i have a Smart TV where the 4K Joey is connected and can get Netflix. I just hope the PIP will come by football season.

Have been wondering about the 4K Joey myself. I just had a wireless Joey installed where I'm considering swapping it out for a 4K Joey. I know Netflix is terribly laggy on everything except the hopper 3. I assume this is because of the better processor and internals.

Have been wondering about the 4K Joey myself. I just had a wireless Joey installed where I'm considering swapping it out for a 4K Joey. I know Netflix is terribly laggy on everything except the hopper 3. I assume this is because of the better processor and internals.

Do you mean Netflix is laggy on other Dish products or other devices as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts