This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

4K Joeys freezing about every minute, Hopper 3 is fine.

IIRC that's the heater that did glitch a lot. I started with the dual-tuner heater, and upgraded almost immediately to the AirTV (Lark-based) version for $30. Can't beat that price.
Hey, I just saw your post in the other thread, where you offered to give away that dual-tuner heater for free.
You want to try my old dual-tuner heater? It was working pretty well before I replaced it with the AirTV version. I'll give it to you for free if you want to try it.
Do you still have it? Just curious.

Just got off the line with Dish Support. My Joey 3 connected to my H3 was pixellating and smearing all over the place and changing to a strong OTA channel would not fix it.

Had to interrupt the Mrs watching the Braves and the Dodgers by rebooting the H3 to get it fixed.

I emphasized to the CSR that we all feel that this is a software bug introduced in the last H3 update - please get on it and get it fixed.

Reactions: pattykay
If you have the original OTA Adapter, that's most likely it

Reactions: TheKrell
Why do you say that? What's wrong with two dual OTA dongles?
IF they could make two ota dongles work like that ,they can make more money off those who have to have them. OF course they could make a 4 tuner ota dongle and charge more for it. Either way it would make the customers happy.

I've always thought they messed up by not having a 4 ota tuner dongle in the first place. Especially with the price of locals continuing to go up every other year or so. I can remember paying like $5.00 for locals for the longest time and then it went to $8.00 then $10.00 and now $12.00. The only thing that has continued to go up as much has been the DVR fees. I say let those who have sat locals pay the $15.00 for Primetime Anytime features and those with just ota pay $10.00 a month.

I would be happy just to get PTAT on Hopper Duo. Perhaps Dish was concerned that feature would fill up the 500GB internal hard drive too fast. So for the Hopper Duo 2, maybe they can include a 2TB internal hard drive, just like all of the other Hoppers. Dish should have gotten enough Hoppers back by now that they can easily refurbish those internal drives for use in a new Hopper model, just like they refurbished internal hard drives from the 722 series DVR's to make the first Hopper Duo. Then, the new Hopper 4 can include a 4TB internal hard drive, and Dish can charge Hopper 4 customers for that accordingly.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
After weeks of troubleshooting with Dish's highest level tech support and engineering...

What finally worked for us, was to remove the Hopper 3 from the wifi network. It has not done it since. The problem now is using Dish Anywhere. It wants to see the Hopper connected to the internet.

Would a wired connection be possible instead of a wi-fi connection to the Hopper 3?

Reactions: TheKrell