4K Joeys freezing about every minute, Hopper 3 is fine.

IIRC that's the heater that did glitch a lot. :eeek I started with the dual-tuner heater, and upgraded almost immediately to the AirTV (Lark-based) version for $30. Can't beat that price.
Hey, I just saw your post in the other thread, where you offered to give away that dual-tuner heater for free.
You want to try my old dual-tuner heater? It was working pretty well before I replaced it with the AirTV version. I'll give it to you for free if you want to try it.
Do you still have it? Just curious.

Just got off the line with Dish Support. My Joey 3 connected to my H3 was pixellating and smearing all over the place and changing to a strong OTA channel would not fix it.

Had to interrupt the Mrs watching the Braves and the Dodgers by rebooting the H3 to get it fixed.

I emphasized to the CSR that we all feel that this is a software bug introduced in the last H3 update - please get on it and get it fixed.
20201014_183254[1].jpg

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
Thanks for the replies all. For the glitching/pixelation issue, I am going to try and unplug the OTA dongle. I have been getting random errors from that thing for the last month or so now that I think about it. I think it is still the original dongle from the Hopper before, but I might be wrong. For sure, it is not the new dual one. I'll do that this evening and reset everything and see if it plays nice.

I opened up a can of worms on the Hopper 4 comment. Really brings up the question of what could be newer in a new release of the Hopper? Small, faster, sleeker-looking interface. Man, that thing was fast and cool when I first got it.
If you have the original OTA Adapter, that's most likely it

Reactions: TheKrell
Why do you say that? What's wrong with two dual OTA dongles?
IF they could make two ota dongles work like that ,they can make more money off those who have to have them. OF course they could make a 4 tuner ota dongle and charge more for it. Either way it would make the customers happy.

I've always thought they messed up by not having a 4 ota tuner dongle in the first place. Especially with the price of locals continuing to go up every other year or so. I can remember paying like $5.00 for locals for the longest time and then it went to $8.00 then $10.00 and now $12.00. The only thing that has continued to go up as much has been the DVR fees. I say let those who have sat locals pay the $15.00 for Primetime Anytime features and those with just ota pay $10.00 a month.

I would be happy just to get PTAT on Hopper Duo. Perhaps Dish was concerned that feature would fill up the 500GB internal hard drive too fast. So for the Hopper Duo 2, maybe they can include a 2TB internal hard drive, just like all of the other Hoppers. Dish should have gotten enough Hoppers back by now that they can easily refurbish those internal drives for use in a new Hopper model, just like they refurbished internal hard drives from the 722 series DVR's to make the first Hopper Duo. Then, the new Hopper 4 can include a 4TB internal hard drive, and Dish can charge Hopper 4 customers for that accordingly.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Hello everyone,

For the last week my three 4K Joeys I have have been freezing every minute or so and the freeze last for about 3-5 seconds, enough time to miss a homerun in the baseball games for instance. I have all three of the 4K Joey in my garage as a man cave style set up, and those are the only three I have. The Hopper 3 is in the living room, and that is acting fine. So since all three are on three tv's on the wall I notice that they all freeze at the exact same time, and they also freeze on the OTA channels in addition to any dish channels. The channel, transponder doesn't seem to matter as all three freeze together at the same time.

I have a Hybrid Solo Hub 203952 and a 5-1000 Mhz splitter under the eave outside my house, and I would assume there is another splitter that connects two of the three 4K Joeys in the garage, as there are two coax runs coming in and three 4K Joeys attached. The cables are hard to get to so that is why I say "I assume" there is one up there. Do you all think one of those three things, hybrid solo hub, or the the two splitters could be the issue? If I can fix it my self, I'd prefer to do that as I don't want to get locked in with DISH for a service call that may be a simple fix. I am out of contract and I'd like to stay that way. Also, that hybrid solo hub is on $10 on Amazon, and I haven't checked on the splitters, but I am sure they are cheap.

Oh, and yeah I have reset everything a bunch of times, the Hopper and the Joeys. Even unplugged for awhile, not sure if that'd make a difference as opposed to the reset in the menu.

Thanks for any help in advance,
G Islands.
After weeks of troubleshooting with Dish's highest level tech support and engineering...

What finally worked for us, was to remove the Hopper 3 from the wifi network. It has not done it since. The problem now is using Dish Anywhere. It wants to see the Hopper connected to the internet.

After weeks of troubleshooting with Dish's highest level tech support and engineering...

What finally worked for us, was to remove the Hopper 3 from the wifi network. It has not done it since. The problem now is using Dish Anywhere. It wants to see the Hopper connected to the internet.
Would a wired connection be possible instead of a wi-fi connection to the Hopper 3?

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)