4K Satellite @ 40.5W, TP 4544

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vondertrenk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
Canada
Hi Guys
I have seen these 4K feeds at this satellite, SES-6 @40.5W. According to Lyngsat, it is broadcasting this 4k feed over North America. My point is, what LNB will be required to receive this transponder? I did try my Titanium C2W-PLL (so far my best C-Band LNB ever) but even though it has an extended band, it goes only from 3.4 Ghz-4.2. Needless to say it did not work.

Thanks! I will try the 103 link. My only problem is that my neighbour decided to plant a tree exactly at a location that blocks everything from 103-121w once everything blooms. I means, I do receive those satellites only between November- April. After may are no longer available. One more question, I do have a Samsung 4k TV but, is the Geosat MicroHD sufficient or need a specific receiver, given the modulation scheme, protocols, bandwidth, etc?

I did a post last year about receiving those transponders from SES-6:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/receiving-the-4500-4800-mhz-transponders-from-ses-6.355177/

Titanium said he would have a LNBF for that band, sometime this year I believe. But try for SES-3 first.

The microHD won't do 4K. There have been a few threads about a STB that will do 4K. Seems there is nothing very solid yet. Most are using computer tuner cards.

There is also a 4K signal on the Ku side of Amazonas 1 @ 61W. At least it was there last weekend.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts