4K TV Coming to DIRECTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I will wait 3-5 years for 4k to make it or break it. Will be one or the other and no in between like 3D.
I do remember the early stages of HD. While the pic was crisp and clear I don't think it much different than what we see today in broadcast hd. Technology has come a long way the last few years. Remember the old MPEG 2 channels on Directv and Dish. Nothing even close what we see today.

Q.
If you wanted to show off HD from D* to friends, what channel would you show them ?

Btw, 3D not available.

Last edited:
Any sports still get the big wow. ESPN is really good pic to impress people. Smithsonian is a good one too.

Any sports still get the big wow. ESPN is really good pic to impress people. Smithsonian is a good one too.

Is HD Net still around ?

They use to be GREAT, don't think they are here anymore.

Yes, your right, normally the "Live" broadcasts are best, from what I can see.

HD Net is now AXSTV. Mark Cuban changed the name 1-2 years ago. I still have a a couple of Get Out ! Unrated on my dvr.
Now that's a program to wow people with:)

HD Net is now AXSTV. Mark Cuban changed the name 1-2 years ago. I still have a a couple of Get Out ! Unrated on my dvr.
Now that's a program to wow people with:)

Is it still the same programming ?
I thought that all changed when the name changed.
Does Cuban still own it ?

What channel number is it now ?

They now show more live events. Concerts were big on HD Net on the weekends. AXSTV has concerts on everyday. Nothing but Trailers, Art Mann are still on. I believe Cuban still owns it along with HD Net Movies.
It's channel 340.

They now show more live events. Concerts were big on HD Net on the weekends. AXSTV has concerts on everyday. Nothing but Trailers, Art Mann are still on. I believe Cuban still owns it along with HD Net Movies.
It's channel 340.

Thanks !

No more "Get Out" or a number of others that the channel was known for (Art Mann excluded)?

Yeah. All but those and Dan Rather remain. LOL

The Aerial America series on Smithsonian would be a good one to impress. Especially the Hawaii episode:)

I believe Cuban still owns it along with HD Net Movies.
It's channel 340.
Cuban now owns much less of it. channel going down imho
any better picture is welcomed. waited over 10 years for HD to get started read about it in 1985.
and it's not as good as explained back then,guy in the SR said he could see the license plate numbers in a moving car
and some other bs lol
they better do this alot faster getting older don't have lot's of time now.

No networks broadcast in 1080p so there is nothing to launch.

This is why the big push to 1080p was so overblown.

Still nothing being broadcast in that format.

Yes, it works for video games and a few VOD offerings, but thats hardly worth buying new sets over.

We cant all afford a C-Band set up and the programming costs involved along with the existing entertainment bills.

I didn't pay anything for my C-Band, got it off Freecycle. But I did buy a PCI DVB-S2 tuner card to go with it.

What programming costs? It costs nothing to get 1st generation CBS, ABC, NBC, CW, feeds. CW's 1st generation feed is 45mbps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts