4K TV Coming to DIRECTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is why the big push to 1080p was so overblown.

Still nothing being broadcast in that format.

Yes, it works for video games and a few VOD offerings, but thats hardly worth buying new sets over.
I think a good deal 1080p and you're set.
Also, there's Blu-ray

They've outfitted too many HD customers with dishes that can't receive 110W to go there.
A simple 3 - 5 LNB swap is all thats needed. Many customers already use a 5 LNB since many SD locals are on the 119.
D12 and R16s receivers can't pick up HD satellites. Not every HD hook up consists of all HD receivers on an account.

But last I checked thats a KU satellite, If you read the links they are not putting 4K on KU satellites anyway.
And I'm not so sure they have enough licences in that location to even provide much to begin with.

Last edited:
A simple 3 - 5 LNB swap is all thats needed. Many customers already use a 5 LNB since many SD locals are on the 119.
D12 and R16s receivers can't pick up HD satellites. Not every HD hook up consists of all HD receivers on an account.

But last I checked thats a KU satellite, If you read the links they are not putting 4K on KU satellites anyway.
And I'm not so sure they have enough licences in that location to even provide much to begin with.

Pretty sure you won't see anything going to KU band from this point forward.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts