4K Upgrade

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I currently have a HR24-100 and three HR25-500's

If i upgrade to 4K and trade in the HR24-100 will the HR25-500's still work?
The current AT&T/DirecTV 4K is a two-piece setup - a HR54 & a C61.

You can swap out two of your H25-500 for these. You keep the HR24-100. Everything still works.

Reactions: mdram
Claude Greyou're post: 3952925 said:
Why trade in an HR24? Trade in one of the H25's
This, but ONLY if youre getting a reverse band lnb or a swm 16 and a kaku, the swim three supports 8 tuners, the 4k genie has 7, while the hr24 has 2, the h25 has 1, a 4k genie will overload your swm3 and you will get prompts to disconnect the extra tuners. It won't happen automatically, but it will once you hit the limit.

I usually only see this in 5 or 6 box installs, but it does happen.

1 4k channel uses 2 tuners, every recording uses 1, every other channel being watched uses 1.

Even as a tech, I'mstill not sure if the reverse band aka digital swm supports 13 or 18 tuners, but it's at least 13

This, but ONLY if youre getting a reverse band lnb or a swm 16 and a kaku, the swim three supports 8 tuners, the 4k genie has 7, while the hr24 has 2, the h25 has 1, a 4k genie will overload your swm3 and you will get prompts to disconnect the extra tuners. It won't happen automatically, but it will once you hit the limit.

I usually only see this in 5 or 6 box installs, but it does happen.

1 4k channel uses 2 tuners, every recording uses 1, every other channel being watched uses 1.

Even as a tech, I'mstill not sure if the reverse band aka digital swm supports 13 or 18 tuners, but it's at least 13
For myself, I actually recently upgraded to a 4K Reverse Band 5 LNB. (Previously had a 4K Reverse Band 3 LNB.) It was the only one on the guy's truck.

Nice. Now you get an extra 4 or 5 Spanish channels in the 400s.
I couldn't care less about the Spanish channels (except that Latinas often happen to be gorgeous). I wanted all the SonicTap channels, especially for the fact that channel 815 (only on the 119 satellite) gets Christmas music a few weeks earlier than channel 801.

I couldn't care less about the Spanish channels (except that Latinas often happen to be gorgeous). I wanted all the SonicTap channels, especially for the fact that channel 815 (only on the 119 satellite) gets Christmas music a few weeks earlier than channel 801.

You can't be serious.

I am shocked that someone listens to the terrible audio on Sonic Tap. And Christmas music??

Who knew people listened to those worthless channels? To each their own, I guess. To hear Christmas music, just turn on your local Hot AC station, they all play Christmas music for at least 2 months before Christmas. It makes me sick to my stomach and the radio presets get new stations. I can't imagine the Sonic Tap takes up too much space up in space anyway, especially with their horrendous audio quality.

Here's a question about 4K

I see that the MLB 4K Showcase game this week is the Red Sox and Orioles. If I had a 4K setup, would that 4K version of the game be blacked out in the Boston and Baltimore territories?

Reactions: ng6584
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)