4K Upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I currently have a HR24-100 and three HR25-500's

If i upgrade to 4K and trade in the HR24-100 will the HR25-500's still work?
The current AT&T/DirecTV 4K is a two-piece setup - a HR54 & a C61.

You can swap out two of your H25-500 for these. You keep the HR24-100. Everything still works.

Reactions: mdram
Claude Greyou're post: 3952925 said:
Why trade in an HR24? Trade in one of the H25's
This, but ONLY if youre getting a reverse band lnb or a swm 16 and a kaku, the swim three supports 8 tuners, the 4k genie has 7, while the hr24 has 2, the h25 has 1, a 4k genie will overload your swm3 and you will get prompts to disconnect the extra tuners. It won't happen automatically, but it will once you hit the limit.

I usually only see this in 5 or 6 box installs, but it does happen.

1 4k channel uses 2 tuners, every recording uses 1, every other channel being watched uses 1.

Even as a tech, I'mstill not sure if the reverse band aka digital swm supports 13 or 18 tuners, but it's at least 13

This, but ONLY if youre getting a reverse band lnb or a swm 16 and a kaku, the swim three supports 8 tuners, the 4k genie has 7, while the hr24 has 2, the h25 has 1, a 4k genie will overload your swm3 and you will get prompts to disconnect the extra tuners. It won't happen automatically, but it will once you hit the limit.

I usually only see this in 5 or 6 box installs, but it does happen.

1 4k channel uses 2 tuners, every recording uses 1, every other channel being watched uses 1.

Even as a tech, I'mstill not sure if the reverse band aka digital swm supports 13 or 18 tuners, but it's at least 13
For myself, I actually recently upgraded to a 4K Reverse Band 5 LNB. (Previously had a 4K Reverse Band 3 LNB.) It was the only one on the guy's truck.

Nice. Now you get an extra 4 or 5 Spanish channels in the 400s.
I couldn't care less about the Spanish channels (except that Latinas often happen to be gorgeous). I wanted all the SonicTap channels, especially for the fact that channel 815 (only on the 119 satellite) gets Christmas music a few weeks earlier than channel 801.

I couldn't care less about the Spanish channels (except that Latinas often happen to be gorgeous). I wanted all the SonicTap channels, especially for the fact that channel 815 (only on the 119 satellite) gets Christmas music a few weeks earlier than channel 801.

You can't be serious.

I am shocked that someone listens to the terrible audio on Sonic Tap. And Christmas music??

Who knew people listened to those worthless channels? To each their own, I guess. To hear Christmas music, just turn on your local Hot AC station, they all play Christmas music for at least 2 months before Christmas. It makes me sick to my stomach and the radio presets get new stations. I can't imagine the Sonic Tap takes up too much space up in space anyway, especially with their horrendous audio quality.

Here's a question about 4K

I see that the MLB 4K Showcase game this week is the Red Sox and Orioles. If I had a 4K setup, would that 4K version of the game be blacked out in the Boston and Baltimore territories?

Reactions: ng6584
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)