5-07-08 HD Rumors.

Hey Scott,
Any word on WGN-HD anytime soon? I know tons of sports fans across the nation would love this for the Cubs/Sox games. Thanks for all your work on the site.:up

Just curious...how far west are you? I'm in the SW side of Aurora and havent had any issues with WGN-HD OTA. Can you get the other stations (minus CBS HD of course ;))

Hey Tim,

I live out near Dekalb so OTA is not an option for me (too far). I currently get all 4 local networks ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX over the dish. WGN is in SD only as you already know. I guess I figured since it is a "super-station" it would be an HD priority. I'm just glad CSN-HD is now available though I'm waiting for CSN+ to come on board in HD.

Hey Tim,

I live out near Dekalb so OTA is not an option for me (too far). I currently get all 4 local networks ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX over the dish. WGN is in SD only as you already know. I guess I figured since it is a "super-station" it would be an HD priority. I'm just glad CSN-HD is now available though I'm waiting for CSN+ to come on board in HD.

Dekalb is only 60 miles from the towers, you should be able to get OTA. My bro-in-law lives in the sticks of Virginia and picks up stations as far as 90 miles away.

Communist News Network only on DISH (CNN). Or should we say Leftwing liberal bastards.

I'd just like to make it clear that I was conceived and born while my parents were married. So I can accept the leftwing and liberal tags, but I'll have to contest the tag of bastard. :D

both CNN, and Fox are biased. CNN covers it up just a teeny bit better than fox, but they both are nothing more than political tools. I don't watch either of them. Robin Meade on headline news is hot. Fox? well...apparently Murdoch, and Ailes have a thing for dim witted blondes. they are both so very annoying. except for one thing. Fox at least seems to take the "you decide" portion to heart. they kind of just smile like they think it's cute when someone says they are biased. CNN, and many others seem to take great offense at being called biased. which side is better because of that? I don't know, and now that i think about it...I am not totally sure I care.

both CNN, and Fox are biased. CNN covers it up just a teeny bit better than fox, but they both are nothing more than political tools. I don't watch either of them. Robin Meade on headline news is hot. Fox? well...apparently Murdoch, and Ailes have a thing for dim witted blondes. they are both so very annoying. except for one thing. Fox at least seems to take the "you decide" portion to heart. they kind of just smile like they think it's cute when someone says they are biased. CNN, and many others seem to take great offense at being called biased. which side is better because of that? I don't know, and now that i think about it...I am not totally sure I care.

CNN receives a lot of complaints of bias from left-leaning people as well. They say when both sides are complaining, you're doing something right. (That said, I'm not a big fan of the programming—I just don't think the bias charge holds up.)

Dekalb is only 60 miles from the towers, you should be able to get OTA. My bro-in-law lives in the sticks of Virginia and picks up stations as far as 90 miles away.
Thanks for the info "8",

I'm only going on what my Dish CSR told me---they said it is all based on distance and line of sight issues. That being said, how tall of a tower does your bro-in-law use for his antenna???? I have a ranch style house and there is a ordinance about antenna towers....plus I really wouldn't want to look at a tall tower in my yard anyway. Any suggestions for OTA reception? Would I have to get a different receiver? Thanks, Mark

Thanks for the info "8",

I'm only going on what my Dish CSR told me---they said it is all based on distance and line of sight issues. That being said, how tall of a tower does your bro-in-law use for his antenna???? I have a ranch style house and there is a ordinance about antenna towers....plus I really wouldn't want to look at a tall tower in my yard anyway. Any suggestions for OTA reception? Would I have to get a different receiver? Thanks, Mark

He doesn't have a tower, just one of these on top of his house on the end by his fireplace chimney.

CN3671_zoom.gif

Put up an antenna and a preamp, run the coax into the OTA jack on a 622 or 722 and BAM! you have HD OTAs. Some people who don't want the antenna up on the house put them in their attic but at 60 miles, you may or may not get a signal doing that. You can always try though.

Point the antenna toward 96 degrees and these will come in:
WBBM-DT ch 3 - 2.1
WGN-DT ch 19 - 9.1
WFLD-DT ch 31 - 32.1
WPWR-DT ch 51 - 50.1
WSNS-DT ch 45 - 44.1
WMAQ-DT ch 29 - 5.1
WLS-DT ch 52 - 7.1
WTTW-DT ch 47 - 11.1
WCIU-DT ch 27 - 26.1

These are all UHF except WBBM CBS which is vhf so you might want to use a combo antenna like the one above.

Any good Radioshack or other store with Channel Master should be able to hook you up with an antenna and preamp.

Or, you can check out Solid Signal | DIRECTV® Systems, HDTV Antennas, DISH Network, satellite equipment and home entertainment supplies & accessories

Looking forward to HD happenings next week during TEAM SUMMIT. "Course, you never know, the day could bring new STRETCH-O-VISION choices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)