5/13/2009 1:24pm - Uplink Activity Report - 235 changes

These HD local channels were added to Ciel-2 only a week or two ago. Now they have to change transponder numbers? I just hope they're made available sometime soon, particularly KSWO (ABC). The HD channel isn't carried on E*12 at 61.5° unlike the 3 Wichita Falls stations.

digiblur said:
Interesting that they uplinked the two Oklahoma DMA's on 129 when they already on 119 spotbeams on the Western Arc system.

It's actually 3 markets if you include Lawton, OK in the group.

I think E* is doing this to spite me after going to the trouble of adding a 2nd dish to my roof to grab HD locals off 61.5°.:p

That dish is literally aiming between some trees to get the signal from the satellite. At least with 129° the satellite is much higher up from the horizon well clear of trees.

Charlie Chat in HD coming soon ;)

Interesting that they uplinked the two Oklahoma DMA's on 129 when they already on 119 spotbeams on the Western Arc system.

The spotbeam on 129 covers the Tulsa dma better than the one on 119 did. Probably OKC too. The 119 spot was really tight on the fringe areas of the Tulsa dma, if I remember correctly.

These HD local channels were added to Ciel-2 only a week or two ago. Now they have to change transponder numbers? I just hope they're made available sometime soon, particularly KSWO (ABC). The HD channel isn't carried on E*12 at 61.5° unlike the 3 Wichita Falls stations.

I think E* is doing this to spite me after going to the trouble of adding a 2nd dish to my roof to grab HD locals off 61.5°.:p

That dish is literally aiming between some trees to get the signal from the satellite. At least with 129° the satellite is much higher up from the horizon well clear of trees.

Actually all 4 markets that spot cover the Ada/ Sherman Dma too

Cool, I've been wondering how that would be handled. I hope they left spaces in the numberingfo slipping in premiums, etc. I can't figure out how to see the channel info you are talking about for my account.

Go to the Dish network site. On the top banner click on packages, click on AK/HI. Click on HI, under the aloha banner click on the first blue line that says click here to see the newly expanded HD list. They they are! :D

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe a fair number of local additions are actually the Ion channel that is carried on local stations. They all are on E-7 at 119 W TP 14.

Just what we need. :(

I'd not mind it as much if they turned it into something similar to the DirecTV 101 channel. Maybe Dish could get a similar deal to Friday Night Lights, bit with Chuck, Terminator, or some other bubble show.

Really, I bet most new customers are getting DVRs. With that, can't they get the FYI program pre-loaded, and update it as needed the same way they do VOD? Blowing HD space on a continuously looping channel is foolish to me.

Are you basing that off of all of the NA's in this report, or are you hearing rumblings? (Please turn on KTVG....pleasepleasePLEASE)
I think that Scott was referring to the possibility of the Alaska/Hawaii HD channels being made available today in a later uplink. (fingers crossed for AK/HI subs)

I see they uplinked the Marquette MI Locals, guess E* is the first one to have this DMA so everyone with E* up there will be very happy.

Go to the Dish network site. On the top banner click on packages, click on AK/HI. Click on HI, under the aloha banner click on the first blue line that says click here to see the newly expanded HD list. They they are! :D

Thanks, I thought you were looking at something under your personal account. They aren't really listed in order: 5501,04,06,08,19, 03,09,05,02,etc. but it is an improvement, though HBO-W and MAX have some channels between them and are about 30 spaces from HBO-E and SHO.

I hope the duplicates really have been pulled out to leave room for more content.

Last edited:
We know that from the "CMT in HD on Channel 101" announcement, but where is that in this list ? I don't see anything about Channel 101... oh there it is - a mapdown to 101... note that it does not share bandwidth with RSNs, as some had predicted.
So, this will probably have 24/7 HD promotional videos...

No, 2 markets. I'm talking about a WA move to WA move...or specifically, 119 beam to 129 beam move.

Oh, and Digi, nice job adding the transponder changes.:up

It's not 100% yet. I finished recoding the transponder change module and turned it back on but in manual testing it worked just fine. Automation mode it hung up for some reason so I pulled it from production last night. So when the report ran I did a manual and copied the transponder changes. I'll have to dig around when I get a chance and find what I goofed up on. I've made a ton of changes to backend of how things work on the uplink report in the past couple of weeks. So far besides the three posts last week and this one that I caught it hasn't been too bad. ;) Kind of hard to test things all the way when Dish isn't making any changes.

Scott, Yes channel 6 is still working on covering the sticks up there, I live in Between Milwaukee and Madison WI, But I go up that way twice a year to go dogsledding and one cabin has a roof antenna on and we get NBC channel 6 and PBS 13 out of Marquette and some of the channels out of the Wausau-Rhinelander area.

Also they added to Milwaukee channel 55 ION and for Madison the Guide Data for This TV on WKOW3.