Handling $0.00 1 $0.00
Standard Professional Install
Installation Date and Time:
Wednesday, December 21 Afternoon (1 PM to 5 PM) $0.00 1 $0.00
High Definition Off-Air Antenna $0.00 1 $0.00
High-Definition Programming $0.00 1 $0.00
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish $0.00 1 $0.00
Swap Replace DIRECTV HD Rec. (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) $0.00 1 $0.00

We'll see how it goes on Wednesday, still trying to figure out why I have a HD Off-Air Antenna on the order.

Oskee I said:
Handling $0.00 1 $0.00
Standard Professional Install
Installation Date and Time:
Wednesday, December 21 Afternoon (1 PM to 5 PM) $0.00 1 $0.00
High Definition Off-Air Antenna $0.00 1 $0.00
High-Definition Programming $0.00 1 $0.00
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish $0.00 1 $0.00
Swap Replace DIRECTV HD Rec. (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) $0.00 1 $0.00
We'll see how it goes on Wednesday, still trying to figure out why I have a HD Off-Air Antenna on the order.

If its free, why complain :)
Did you tell them you wanted to order the HD package channels $10.99/month ?

HD Package

hdtvtechno said:
If its free, why complain :)
Did you tell them you wanted to order the HD package channels $10.99/month ?

Didn't say I wanted it, but I already have the HD package for the handful of college b-ball game that are in HD on ESPNHD and ESPN2HD. Guess it justifies the $10.99/month additional cost :rolleyes: . Probably will downgrade when March Madness ends.

DC area 5 lnb idiot

hey folks,

i know i am an idiot on this, but what exactly does the 5 lnb offer?? i too am in DC. i have been told that it replaced the existing dish and allows locals in HD. i have the HD DVR now, and i am reading that you are swapping out your recievers, why?? can anyone give me the short answer nuts and bolts of this please!! i use rabbit ears on my tv to get my locals in HD, but every time the weather changes i have problems. any info would be helpful.

thanks,
blkbone33

Got the new dish and the h20 installed today.
Everything works fine except the long delay for the picture to show up when switching channels.

Installer knew what he was doing and everything was done in a hour!!

This sucks!

Glad you got one that knew how to do the install. I got an installer who showed up and had no clue and told me that he was going to come back with someone who knew how to install the new dish as he said it looked too hard to install. He called at 5 to tell me that an "emergency" had come up and he would have to reschedule. Long story short, have to probably wait until end of Jan. for upgrade now and all DTV gave me was $5/month credit for 6 months, but I guess I shouldn't complain I got the upgrade for free including a new antenna, but it still sucks!:mad:

5 Lnb

blkbone33 said:
hey folks,
i know i am an idiot on this, but what exactly does the 5 lnb offer?? i too am in DC. i have been told that it replaced the existing dish and allows locals in HD. i have the HD DVR now, and i am reading that you are swapping out your recievers, why?? can anyone give me the short answer nuts and bolts of this please!! i use rabbit ears on my tv to get my locals in HD, but every time the weather changes i have problems. any info would be helpful.
thanks,
blkbone33

The LNB5 with the new H20 receiver will let you get the HD local channels, however your HD DVR won't be able to record the new HD locals cuz it can't decode MPEG4. I have read that the MPEG4 DVR comes out 1st Q '06. If you do go this route, quote the deal I got (see above) and you should be able to get a free HD antenna with installation so you don't lose the signal although dont' know if you'll be able to get the $99 plus S&H waived.

Do note that it'll be at least a month before they'll schedule you for the upgrade and you may end up with someone who is clueless like I did.

Night one was great. Morning one suck. The morning after the install all my "new" local HD channels were pixeled and no sound. All other channels were fine including the MPEG2 HD channels. Of course I called and they did all of their stupid trouble shooting and nothing worked. Tech will be out tomorrow they told me. This evening everything looked great. Lets see if it happens this morning.

hey Oskee I,

thanks for responding. but still have a problem. i called D** last night and asked about the upgrade. i was told that it is available but not for me since i have the HD DVR. i informed them that when i got the HD DVR in sept. i was told that i could upgrade when the new 5 LNB dish came out, but they stressed that it only applied to a plain HD receiver. i called 1-800-353-4388 and was sent to the cust. install support area. is there something else i should be asking for? or another phone number i should call? or should i just get the "silver sensor" and keep what i have?
Anybody help!!!

blkbone33 said:
hey Oskee I,
thanks for responding. but still have a problem. i called D** last night and asked about the upgrade. i was told that it is available but not for me since i have the HD DVR. i informed them that when i got the HD DVR in sept. i was told that i could upgrade when the new 5 LNB dish came out, but they stressed that it only applied to a plain HD receiver. i called 1-800-353-4388 and was sent to the cust. install support area. is there something else i should be asking for? or another phone number i should call? or should i just get the "silver sensor" and keep what i have?
Anybody help!!!

Thats because the New Mpeg4 DVR are not out yet
they are telling you to wait for the new dvr so they can install both of them at once;)

Concur with above

blkbone33 said:
hey Oskee I,
Anybody help!!!

Why not see if they're willing to install the dish for you and you can just buy the H20 receiver, seem to remember hearing that there was a $200 rebate so it comes out free in the end.

Otherwise looks like you'll have to wait for the HD DVR althought one of the DTV was going to swap out the HD DVR with the H20, I quickly corrected her and told her to swap out the stand alone HD receiver. Wonder if they'll actually take the receiver when they come to install? Oh well, at least DTV got the installer to come out tommorrow. Hopefully all of this has a happy ending.

can i use silver sensor with these readings?

i live in Md, just outside of DC and use DC locals.. here is what antennaweb says for my channels. i am in the basement witht the tv and reciever right next to a window. i use an RCA amplified antenna and only get the big 4 networks. do you think i can use the silver sensor and get most of my channels? apparently only about 15 miles from most towers.

* red - uhf WUSA-DT 9.1 CBS WASHINGTON DC 331° 15.8 34
* red - uhf WPXW-DT 66.1 i MANASSAS VA 283° 23.4 43
* red - uhf WFDC-DT 14.1 TFA ARLINGTON VA 329° 15.3 15
* red - uhf WTTG-DT 5.1 FOX WASHINGTON DC 332° 16.2 36
* red - uhf WRC-DT 4.1 NBC WASHINGTON DC 329° 15.3 48
* red - uhf WNVT-DT 30.1 IND GOLDVEIN VA 262° 31.0 30
* red - uhf WHUT-DT 33 PBS WASHINGTON DC TBD 331° 15.8 33
* red - uhf WMPT-DT 22.1 PBS ANNAPOLIS MD 54° 22.4 42
* red - uhf WJLA-DT 7.1 ABC WASHINGTON DC 331° 15.8 39
* red - uhf WBDC-DT 50.1 WB WASHINGTON DC 342° 14.9 51
* blue - uhf WETA-DT 26.1 PBS WASHINGTON DC 313° 15.2 27
* blue - uhf WDCA-DT 20.1 UPN WASHINGTON DC 331° 15.8 35
* blue - uhf WNVC-DT 57.1 IND FAIRFAX VA 302° 19.0 57
* violet - uhf WNUV-DT 54.1 WB BALTIMORE MD 29° 41.0 40
* violet - uhf WJZ-DT 13.1 CBS BALTIMORE MD 29° 40.9 38

Successful Install

My story has a happy ending. A good tech (named James) came out and put everything up within a hour and even fine tuned it for me. He also made sure to work out all bugs before he left my house. Very happy with the install.

Any updates on new 5 LNB install

Still waiting to hear feed back from customers that were upgraded. I'm scheduled for the 17th of Jan and would like to read positive and negative issues. I'm also a new user and this is my first post. Huge Skins fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SOMDRAZZ

5 LNB Installed in Spotsylvania, VA

victor20170 said:
Has anybody gotten a 5 LNB dish installed in the DC area? Did the installer do a good job? Mine is scheduled to be installed tomorrow morning. I am just a little afraid the technician won't be prepare enough to install it. I've read some threads in this and other forums where the customers had to show the installation videos to the techs. Is this a good idea, or should I just leave the tech do his/her job? The DC market is scheduled to roll out MPEG 4 sometime next week, so I am not so sure how well prepared the technicians are.
Thanks,
Victor

I was installed on 12/24/05. It took the installer roughly about 1 hour. He installed my dish on a pole. He indicated the weight of the dish may tear away from the house during high winds. The cost of the installation was an additional $85. Total install cost was $100 ($15 DTV's H20 trade and pole installation). My installer let me keep my old HD receiver too. Lastly, the Local HD channels pictures are stunning. I've had Adelphia cable HD locals. DTV's picture quality is far superior than Adelphias. Go Redskins!

SOMDRAZZ said:
Still waiting to hear feed back from customers that were upgraded.
I'm out in Leesburg and got upgraded on the 27th. While they arrived 90 minutes late, it only took 1 hour and everything works great. Of course, I installed the two receivers while they swapped dishes, but it's all good.
Best of luck with your install.

Anyone know when I can buy an AT9 Ku Satellite locally. I plan to buy my stuff so i don't get stuck in a 2 yr contract. ( When I move i don't know if I'll be able to keep it)

Let me know.

Got upgraded yesterday

I got my MPEG-4 upgrade yesterday in Woodbridge, VA. Contrary to the horror stories I had been hearing, the install went exceptionally smooth and only took about 30 munutes. Three guys came in..one went on the roof with the new dish while one stood by the TV with a cell phone in contact with the roof guy making all of the adjustments and checking all of the signal strengths. These guys knew exactly what they were doing. I am very pleased and all is working very well indeed.

can anyone advise me? i am in the DC area and want to know if i will be able to get any expanded HD channels when they become available from D** with my mpeg-2 receiver, or do i need to get the mpeg-4 in order to get any new channels... i have OTA and get all my locals now, so i dont want to upgrade unless i have to for more programming???

I live in Fairfax, VA and I don't have HD but i'm planning to upgrade in the next couple of months to HD just in time for the World Cup. Do u guys recommened I call directv to setup upgrade or a local directv dealer? I don't think I qualify for a free installation since I already have directv for about 7 months? What can I expect to pay for the 5 LBN installation?

Not Related but
I been having problems with one of my D10-200 reciever. It always goes into sleep mode and I always have to plug the cord back to wall outlet to wake it up. So almost everyday It has to download to guide. I have the directv protection plan do u guys think I should get a replacement? Its a minor problem that ive been having.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)