5 LNB installation problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Do you have any problem with Rain Fade with Direct Tv if heavy Cloud cover or a hard rain moves in?Does your picture go out at all?

cookpr said:
Jesus....you got to be kidding me on all these installs!!!! I thimk most people would be saying F it and going with cable....D* needs to hurry with that slim dish, as I for one, would not be going through all that trouble to mount a dish "for them", so I can "pay them" for their service.

Thats asking an awful lot of theor customers....

The installation of the AT9 is not that big a deal. My buddy put it together and we had it up on the mast w/monopole installed and peaked in about an hour and a half.

adrian777 said:
Do you have any problem with Rain Fade with Direct Tv if heavy Cloud cover or a hard rain moves in?Does your picture go out at all?

We have had the new 5 LNB Ka/Ku-band antenna since last November now and have never lost the signal even though we had some severe rain storms this past winter. Since it never snows where I live, I cannot speak for that type of weather.

From a theory standpoint, the Ka downlink would be more prone to rain fade than the Ku band downlink because of the higher frequency. Rain fade can also occur during the uplink if the weather is bad at the the Direct TV facility in Colorado, L.A. or the new regional/spotbeam facilities in the eastern portion of the country.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)