5 LNB Signal Strength Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Seed

Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
Hello,

Well, I finally got my upgrade to the 5 LNB yesterday and it was an ordeal....but it is done! :) I got my locals in HD, all the other HD channels I had, and also the B-band test signal channel..all OK.

So...now I am looking at my signal strengths for the various satellites and transponders and I am confused. I am in the Detroit area (48334) and when I turn the signal strength meter on I get the following Sats:

99(b), 101, 103(a), 103(b), 110, 119. I get the best signals from 101, 103(b), 110, and 199....all in the 90s for the most part. My signal strength is worse on 99(b), which is in the 0's and 103(a), which are in the mid 70's.

So what does this all mean? I am a bit of a novice to all of this new sat stuff. I was hoping that perhaps someone could enlighten me if there is a problem here.

Thanks!

Mike

Hey there,

Thanks! I get 101, 103, 110, 119...that is only four....I thought there were 5 sats? Or is there one supposed to be launched next year?

99 is the fifth one. I think that's being replaced by D11 In December. I have been out of the loop for a while. I'm sure somebody can jump in here with more info on it.

99 is the fifth one. I think that's being replaced by D11 In December. I have been out of the loop for a while. I'm sure somebody can jump in here with more info on it.

99 is where Spaceway2 is located, it's doing HD LIL channels. D11 will also go to the same location for more HD LIL and national HD channels.

You're looking good to go. 99 is currently a spot beam sat. which means it's signals only go to certain areas rather than a blanket coverage like 101 & 103b.
The new D11 sat, later this year or January, is going to the 99 area and I believe as you've been told, it's replacing an older D* sat currently online.

You're looking good to go. 99 is currently a spot beam sat. which means it's signals only go to certain areas rather than a blanket coverage like 101 & 103b.
The new D11 sat, later this year or January, is going to the 99 area and I believe as you've been told, it's replacing an older D* sat currently online.

D11 is not replacing an older sat, it will be co-located with Spaceway 2.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)