5 Minute PocketDISH informercial placed on my 622, 942

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
I noticed that E* placed a 5 Minute "Introducing PocketDISH" infomercial on both of my 622s at 4am this morning. This is the first time E* placed any recordings on them since they were first activated some months ago. Heck, they even protected the recording so I have to enter my password to delete it. Did anyone else receive this unwelcome advertising?

Not a major issue, but I just hope this isn't the start of daily programming and product advertisements. I certainly don't need any advertisements regarding the new Mustang, DishHD programming packs, or Feminine Hygiene products for that matter. Anyway, I view this as unwanted DishSpam....need a way to opt-out of receiving this stuff.

Had it on my 522, however it did not require a password to delete. I wouldn't buy one after reading all the warranty horror stories on this forum.

Not a big deal. 5 minutes of SD programming is not gonna be anything more than a minor inconvenience.

Delete it and it goes away.

I always wonder why people who go nuts over these programs don't do the same over junk mail in their mailbox....

"Yes, I want someone from Pizza Hut on the phone NOW! I'm sick of having to keep recycling their circulars!"

It's only 5 mins. I don't have a problem with it unless it gets out of control. DirecTV did the same thing when I was with them.

At first, I didn't know why my receiver was on channel 101 this morning. Then I noticed the pocketdish commerical recorded. I did not need a password to delete it.

pdxsam said:
You'd only need the password to delete it if you've got 101 locked out with channel locks.
They locked it. To delete a locked item requires you unlock it first before you delete it.

I had it there as well. Only it recorded 0:00 minutes. when I tried to watch it the screen just went blank. I was able to "stop" it and delete it. More of an annoyance than anything.

I got it. It was locked. I don't like it. I consider it one step worse than SPAM as it required additional effort to delete it. Is anyone old enough to remember an early promise of Pay TV: if you pay for it, there will be no need for advertisements?

Yeah, I got it today as well, watched it, then deleted it. If anyone thinks this spam is too much, don't get a Tivo. Unwanted stuff appears on it all the time. I don't mind this, however. Not a big deal unless it gets excessive. My day wasn't too terribly disrupted by this :p

if you rented a new car would you be upset if the dealer without your knowledge came to your home and repainted it????? its still the same model huh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott Greczkowski said:
No way to opt out. :(

They are trying to get rid of the PocketDishes in Stock as Generation 2 is not to far off.

They should try lowering the prices.

What will the new ones have ?

jmd102354 said:
They should try lowering the prices.

What will the new ones have ?

That's exactly what I thought - at least some additional incentive to convince potential customers - I guess they're going on the awareness track.

I came really close to buying the 4" when I got my 622, but the inability to transfer HD is what broke the deal.

How can they call the 7" a pocketdish?! Whose pants pockets are big enough? The Jolly Green Giant, maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)