5 Minute PocketDISH informercial placed on my 622, 942

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
I noticed that E* placed a 5 Minute "Introducing PocketDISH" infomercial on both of my 622s at 4am this morning. This is the first time E* placed any recordings on them since they were first activated some months ago. Heck, they even protected the recording so I have to enter my password to delete it. Did anyone else receive this unwelcome advertising?

Not a major issue, but I just hope this isn't the start of daily programming and product advertisements. I certainly don't need any advertisements regarding the new Mustang, DishHD programming packs, or Feminine Hygiene products for that matter. Anyway, I view this as unwanted DishSpam....need a way to opt-out of receiving this stuff.

Had it on my 522, however it did not require a password to delete. I wouldn't buy one after reading all the warranty horror stories on this forum.

Not a big deal. 5 minutes of SD programming is not gonna be anything more than a minor inconvenience.

Delete it and it goes away.

I always wonder why people who go nuts over these programs don't do the same over junk mail in their mailbox....

"Yes, I want someone from Pizza Hut on the phone NOW! I'm sick of having to keep recycling their circulars!"

It's only 5 mins. I don't have a problem with it unless it gets out of control. DirecTV did the same thing when I was with them.

At first, I didn't know why my receiver was on channel 101 this morning. Then I noticed the pocketdish commerical recorded. I did not need a password to delete it.

pdxsam said:
You'd only need the password to delete it if you've got 101 locked out with channel locks.
They locked it. To delete a locked item requires you unlock it first before you delete it.

I had it there as well. Only it recorded 0:00 minutes. when I tried to watch it the screen just went blank. I was able to "stop" it and delete it. More of an annoyance than anything.

I got it. It was locked. I don't like it. I consider it one step worse than SPAM as it required additional effort to delete it. Is anyone old enough to remember an early promise of Pay TV: if you pay for it, there will be no need for advertisements?

Yeah, I got it today as well, watched it, then deleted it. If anyone thinks this spam is too much, don't get a Tivo. Unwanted stuff appears on it all the time. I don't mind this, however. Not a big deal unless it gets excessive. My day wasn't too terribly disrupted by this :p

if you rented a new car would you be upset if the dealer without your knowledge came to your home and repainted it????? its still the same model huh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott Greczkowski said:
No way to opt out. :(

They are trying to get rid of the PocketDishes in Stock as Generation 2 is not to far off.

They should try lowering the prices.

What will the new ones have ?

jmd102354 said:
They should try lowering the prices.

What will the new ones have ?

That's exactly what I thought - at least some additional incentive to convince potential customers - I guess they're going on the awareness track.

I came really close to buying the 4" when I got my 622, but the inability to transfer HD is what broke the deal.

How can they call the 7" a pocketdish?! Whose pants pockets are big enough? The Jolly Green Giant, maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)