5 Question Friday

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
1. Who is your all-time favorite athlete?
2. Where is the best trip you've ever been on?
3. Any special plans for this Sunday during the opening weekend of the NFL?
4. What is your favorite restaurant? If you could eat there every day for the rest of time and no where else, where would it be?
5. What is your favorite blog? If you don't have one, what is a website you must visit everyday? Other than SatelliteGuys of course ;)?

1. Pat LaFontaine.

2. In 2005, my family and I went on a month-long vacation that took us all the way to Malaysia, the United Arab Emirates, as well as a stop in Baltimore (Dont cry, HD- my mom has some family and relatives there- it has nothing to do with the Ravens)

3. Not anything out of the ordinary- watching and eating.

4. ClaimJumpers. It's in California. Here's a link: http://www.claimjumper.com/

5. Websites I frequently visit include 24Forums.com (a wrestling site) and SitcomsOnline.com (I'm known as FSU, but it doesn;t stand for Florida State University- it stands for Frequently Stating Ubiquitetous Thoughts).

Last edited:
1. Mike Piazza

2. I don't travel much but had a great time in Cancun a few years ago.

3. I'll be watching MLB EXtra Innings per usual. Then ESPN Sunday Night Baseball.

4. Fornataro's in Rochester, NY (if it still exists)...if not, Cinnelli's in Cherry Hill, NJ

5. Tie between ESPN.com and FOXsports.com

1. Larry Bird (#2 isn't even close)

2. Aruba (honeymoon and then back three more times!:D). Vegas and Florida are close behind. :up

3. Having a few buddies over to watch Chiefs-Pats as well as Sunday Ticket. :D

4. Venetian- a GREAT Italian restaurant south of Boston. Also, Le Cellier in Epcot is awesome!!

5. CBS sportsline.com

I will answer my own.....

Tiger Woods

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Watching Football from the early pre-game shows until after the Sunday Night Game all while eating and feverishly refreshing my fantasy football website.

4. What is your favorite restaurant? If you could eat there every day for the rest of time and no where else, where would it be?

"Nighttown" in Cleveland Heights. It's a local
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]eatery that possess the ambiance of Irish pubs and turn of the century New York jazz bars. The food (ie: everything) including their daily homemade soups are simply amazing![/FONT][/FONT]

5. What is your favorite blog? If you don't have one, what is a website you must visit everyday? Other than SatelliteGuys of course ;)?

WaitingForNextYear. WFNY is a sports blog dedicated to Cleveland and Ohio State sports. It was formed in January of 2008 when the authors of three of Cleveland’s finest sports blogs decided to combine their efforts into one cohesive site. WaitingForNextYear’s mission statement is to provide fans with unique perspectives and insights, daily news briefs, recaps and previews, as well as entertaining and informative special features and columns.

Tom Brady

Cabo San Lucas

Driving 5 Hours to Gillette tomorrow and than back again after a victory over the Chiefs

Chain= Olive Garden
Local = The Works

Drudgereport
Little green footballs
Patsfans.com
Sons of Sam Horn

:)

Isiah Thomas

Hawaii Anyone who has not gone there try to go there once

My usuall, get up work out a bit (because I will be sitting all day) get my fanatsy teams ready with the computer, get my snacks ready and lock myself downstairs with the Sunday Ticket

Favorite resturant Ruth Chris....Eat there every day for the rest of the time...Mongolin Barbeque

5. What is your favorite blog? If you don't have one, what is a website you must visit everyday? Other than SatelliteGuys of course

ESPN

neat questions!!
1: the greatest, ali
2: driving from st louis on route 66 ( as much as you can) to la, then after a few days up the pacific hwy to san francisco
3: flooped on my but in front of the big screen
4:hodaks. st louis, not fancy at all but GREAT fried chicken big portions and cheap
5: i better not say

1. Roberto Clemente
2. Any trip to Hawaii - I love that place.
3. Nothing special, just food/beer near one hand and the remote near the other.
4. Either a small hibachi grill called The Jinbeh Japanese Restaurant in Irving, TX, or The Italian Underground in Glenwood Springs, CO.
5. Tigerdroppings.com ;)

1. John Elway

2. Did the Circle Asia trip a few years back, in a 3 week trip Tokyo, Hong Kong and Bangkok. Did it in November so weather was excellent and varied, it was awesome.

3. Games start at 7am here, so big breakfast with coffee is the plan.

4. Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix.

5. Just a bunch of sport sites, always changes.

1. Who is your all-time favorite athlete? Pete Rose
2. Where is the best trip you've ever been on? Wrigley Field
3. Any special plans for this Sunday during the opening weekend of the NFL? Wash my car and cut the grass........JUST KIDDING. Watch football, DUH!!
4. What is your favorite restaurant? If you could eat there every day for the rest of time and no where else, where would it be? Fuddruckers
5. What is your favorite blog? If you don't have one, what is a website you must visit everyday? Other than SatelliteGuys of course ;)? www.xmg360.com

HD, if Tiger Woods is your all-time favorite athlete, who's your all-time favorite athlete that played in the Cleveland/Ohio area where your teams play?

It's just that your answer surprised me a bit: I thought you'd say Kosar, LeBron, or any old-school Indians.

1 - Pete Rose.

2 - First ever trip to Las Vegas. I was 40 and all I could say was that I was a fool for not starting my relationship with that wonderful town earlier.

3 - I have Reds tickets.

4 - Joe's Stone Crab, Steak and Seafood (unrelated to the more common Joe's Crab Shack chain). Only three locations, in Caesars' Forums Shops in LV, in Chicago, and Miami. Ruth's Chris is a very close second.

5 - I visit a couple of local political web sites daily. National political sites bore me, its just psychos shouting at each other, most of whom could not pass a freshman college history exam.

Sam,

who are your favorite pro teams?

Your thoughts on the SEC and 'leastleftovers' are legendary on this site and DBSForums, but I would like to know who your favorites are in the professional leagues.

Favorite player(s)
Baseball, Pete Rose, Alan Tramell
Football, Chris Spielman, Hines Ward
Hockey, Steve Yzerman

Plans for Sunday:
Watch the NFL and the NASCAR race

dantheman77,
Being in KC/ St. Louis area, I would have guess you would have mentioned Ribs !!!

Jimbo

1. Mark Messier...he did it. Leetch, Richter and Graves not far behind. And Derek Jeter.

2. Two years ago, 12 day cruise of the Mediterranean out of Rome...and we also spent a few extra days in Rome. Cruise stopped in Naples, Venice, Dubrovnik Croatia, Sicily, Barcelona, Nice (we went to St Tropez), Florence and Pisa. Indescribable.

3. Niece's soccer game in north Jersey in the morning (weather permitting), and then for the first time ever I have Sunday Ticket and Superfan! Looking forward to it. Have to squeeze in a run somewhere, my next triathlon is September 20.

4. A drive in near the ocean called Circus, in Wall. It was my dad's favorite place to go with his grandkids, the burgers and hot dogs are amazing. So many good memories with him there, I get a happy tear even when I just drive by it...

5. I like checking out the daily sports analysis from the Sports Illustrated website. Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback is required reading. I also go to a website called hockeysfuture, which has a forum for every team. I go there to commiserate with other Ranger fans in good times (last year) and in bad (this year).

Sandra

Sam,

who are your favorite pro teams?

Your thoughts on the SEC and 'leastleftovers' are legendary on this site and DBSForums, but I would like to know who your favorites are in the professional leagues.

I have lived most of my life in places where Cincinnati is the nearest large city. I follow the Reds and Bengals. I have added the Blue Jackets (Columbus is even closer). I really do not care about the NBA.

Ummm, as to my "legendary" thoughts.

Its Saturday morning of Week 2. Lets review Week 1.

MAC school 27, Leastleftover Pitt 17 (at HOME, before a sea of empty seats unsold at $7 per)

Big 10 bottomfeeder 30, Leastleftover Syracuse 10

SEC bottomfeeder 27, Leastleftover Loserville 2 (at HOME)

WAC school 24, Leastleftover Rutgers 7 (at HOME)

Any questions?

Just give the one team in the one team league the "championship" right now. No other team has the resources to compete in that phony set-up.

HD, if Tiger Woods is your all-time favorite athlete, who's your all-time favorite athlete that played in the Cleveland/Ohio area where your teams play?

It's just that your answer surprised me a bit: I thought you'd say Kosar, LeBron, or any old-school Indians.

Sabres, I was debating between Bernie and LeBron and either one could easily be my favorite local athlete, but I am a big fan of golf and play often myself. I respect everything about Tiger and his accomplishments so far in his career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)