5 Question Friday

Big Least should be grouped in with the rest of the Mid Majors and be without an auto invite to the BCS.

They have won their last three BCS games, IIRC.

If anyone is unworthy of the auto invite, it's the Always Crappy Conference, with the BCS game success above only Notre Dame.

Besides, you're still bitter that West Virginia destroyed Oklahoma after you put your foot in your mouth.

The ACC- We're as good in BCS game as Notre Dame!

i'll go with 'The guy with the most humorous avatar.'

Thanks!

I've been a big Foghorn Leghorn fan since I was a kid. Besides, neither the Reds nor Bengals are worthy of an avatar.

I'm hoping ramy will change his to a UK football logo. I'm kind of sick of looking at "Baseball Head".

Because the Single game success that the Big Least apologists tout means very little (IMO)

To me it would be the same as putting the following teams in an newly created MLB divison.

Washington Nationals
Kansas City Royals
Seattle Mariners
San Diego Padres

Have these 4 teams play 75% of their games within the divison and no matter how poorly they fare outside the divison and no matter the overall record just award them a "free pass" into the MLB playoffs.

Then have said winner play one game against another playoff team.

I don't know too many people that would be impressed in that scenario if the Nationals managed a single win against anyone.

A single BCS win 50-60 days after the regular season concludes tells me far less than watching the neverending mediocrity played out weekly in" Big Least venues" for all to avert their gaze from.

EXCELENT POST.

Exactly.

There just is no way to look at college football and make a legitimate case for inclusion of the Leastleftovers and exclusion of its fellow mid-majors.

It just does not belong.

Thanks!

I've been a big Foghorn Leghorn fan since I was a kid. Besides, neither the Reds nor Bengals are worthy of an avatar.

I'm hoping ramy will change his to a UK football logo. I'm kind of sick of looking at "Baseball Head".

One step ahead of you.:D

They have won their last three BCS games, IIRC.

If anyone is unworthy of the auto invite, it's the Always Crappy Conference, with the BCS game success above only Notre Dame.

Besides, you're still bitter that West Virginia destroyed Oklahoma after you put your foot in your mouth.

The ACC- We're as good in BCS game as Notre Dame!

You could not be more wrong. I didn't care whether Oklahoma won or lost their bowl game. I stated an opinion that Oklahoma would beat WVA. Oklahoma decided to mail in their effort and lost, Big whoop! means nothing whether they won or lost.

That's what the BCS system has wrought. I care about 2 Bowl Games the entire Bowl Season. The Bowl Game that Tennessee plays in and the BCS Championship Game. All the rest could fall off the face of the earth and wouldn't bother me one iota.

My main point is that the Big Least is a mid major conference, when judging by facilities and talent levels. They don't deserve to be automatically included in the BCS system. That they are is worthy of "high praise" for Mike Tranghese.

He's the sole reason the Big East is still included in the BCS. He's a skilled leader that has been a huge plus for NCAA athletics over the years. His leadership, his accomplishments and the respect and esteem he's accorded from his peers, is the single reason the Big East is still involved in the flawed BCS system.

It will be interesting to see where the Big East lands after the next BCS TV contract has expired. Tranghese will be retired and my guess is that the PTB will rightly slot the Big Least correctly as a mid major.

Here's are the contenders for the BCS Championship this season Sabres:(Not just this season but any season.

SEC Champ(no matter who it is)

USC from the PAC 10 with 0-1 loss

Any other team from the PAC 10 that could run the gauntlet undefeated(highly unlikely)

Oklahoma,Texas or Missouri from the Big 12 if things fall right with an undefeated season or no unbeaten teams elsewhere.

Ohio State from the Big 10 with 0-1 loss unless anothe Big 10 team goes unbeaten(again highly unlikely)

Any ACC team that goes unbeaten/again highly unlikely.

Notre Dame with a 0-1 loss season(unlikely)

Everybody else is a pretender.

It is now just Friday of Week 3.

ACC bottom feeder 44, Leastleftover championship contender 12

Thank you for admitting that beating Syracuse is nothing. Under the broken BcS system, going 12-0 against such like is identical to going 12-0 in a serious conference.

You mean like Ohio St beating up on the MAC and B10? (ducks)

GUess I better do last week's before I do this week's...:rolleyes:

1. Johnny Bench

2. My first time going down to Gulf Shores, AL/Perdido Key, FL and going to the "Flora~Bama Lounge"....America's Last and Greatest Roadhouse...

3. Went to the Colts-Bears game at the brand new Lucas Oil Stadium, which is awesome...too bad the game sucked!!!...:(

4. Would have to say any good steakhouse...:hungry:

5. Not a real blog, but I go to my on line bank site way too much...:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)