$5 TV Set

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smata67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
I know sometimes its convenient to have a TV out at the dish during setup. I came across this deal, thought someone might want it. I got the one with radio (scroll down) t does not have a coax jack, but does have RCA for both audio and video, can't say what jacks might be on the other:

http://www.officedepot.com/adRedir....Version1*LNav*Cat+Clear+092406&redirect=false

BTW, requires a great number of C batteries...

Last edited:
Go for it! You don't have much to loose :) I use a little 5" b&w set - the #'s are kinda hard to read, but it works great! It has a 300 ohm input, so I use a balun for it.

if it has audio & video inputs not too bad.

Those NTSC analog only tuners are gonna get real cheap soon. :)

I use a 7" LCD screen that came with a 2 screen car DVD player. It's easier to read but doesn't run on batteries. I don't put dishes on roofs unless its absolutely the last resort.

If I need to do a quicky install its the 13"
Otherwise I use my 20" (thing is pretty heavy to lug out so its only used when I have a "big day" of aiming)

iafirebuff said:
So who has/uses the bigest tv for aiming outside/on the roof?
I win! :D

ok, so technically it's not outside and I sure as heck ain't gonna try carrying it up a ladder :eek: , but I positioned the dish farm in the back yard specifically so I can see the 54 inch RPTV through the back door. Much easier than hauling stuff out there.

Last edited:
iafirebuff said:
So who has/uses the bigest tv for aiming outside/on the roof?

I think I'm going to have everyone beat on this one. I can see my 100" projector screen through the window of my house standing next to my dish in the back yard. I usually just take a 13" set out to the dish during the day, but there's been a couple times at night when I've peaked a wildfeed from a ballgame and used the projector picture.

I use an old 13 in tv/vcr combo for my dish aiming. There is nothing like having a tv out there with you. It's just a pain setting it up and carrying it out there with you.

I don't have an extra tv to take to the roof when aiming. I use my traxis 3500's front led signal display. I just set it to an active tp before going to the roof, usually true south. Only problem is having to use and extension cord for the power. Maybe one day I will look at converting it to use batteries and maybe fitting a small lcd screen into it, if I can find a cheap one somewhere.

Thanks for the find!! I'm getting tired of showing up to installs and hearing "oh...you mean to tell me I need a television for you to verify a good install!?!"

It will certainly help things.

With the Traxis DBS 3500 you can also use the audio tone to help point the dish, enter a live TP and turn the TV volume up FULL!

Who needs a positve satellite ID meter when you have the Traxis DBS 3500!

Interesting,as sales of tv's tuning above channel 69,were banned back ithe 90's.They must be cleaning out warehouses in Taiwan!I use a13 inch color set
for work on dishes outside.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)