508 dead Am I figuring this correct for cost

Nebugeater

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
I have a 508 that has been on my account for almost 10 years and is dead. I need to replace it and here are the two options I am looking at. If anyone understands the Dish billing better than me let me know if you think thisis right. By the way, I want to purchase a receiver and not invoke a new 2 year agreement right now. May consider the Hopper down the road but not now.

I have a 722K and the 508 on my account currently.

If I replace rthe 508 with a 211K here is what I see happening

Remove 10.00 / month from bill for SOLO DVR fee
Add $7 / month for additional receiver
One time $40 fee to activate an exteranl HD to have the equivent DVR capabilities of the 508 with the HD upgrade

Does the 211K HDMI and Composit outputs both send the signal at the ssame time. I have the Composite hooked to a second TV and some times they are both on from the 508

Repalce with another 722K
Remove 10/ Month SOLO DVR Fee
Add 7 / month DVR fee
Add 10 / month second tuner fee for second 722K

Any help with verifying this would be great

You are correct on the monthly fees if you replace your 508 with a 211k. All audio/video outputs on the 211k will work at the same time.

If you replace the 508 with a 722k, your amount is correct, but it's $17 for a HD Duo DVR (combined fee).

Also, we will replace your 508 with a 512 if you wanted. This would not require a new commitment.

I have a 508 that has been on my account for almost 10 years and is dead. I need to replace it and here are the two options I am looking at. If anyone understands the Dish billing better than me let me know if you think thisis right. By the way, I want to purchase a receiver and not invoke a new 2 year agreement right now. May consider the Hopper down the road but not now.

I have a 722K and the 508 on my account currently.

If I replace rthe 508 with a 211K here is what I see happening

Remove 10.00 / month from bill for SOLO DVR fee
Add $7 / month for additional receiver
One time $40 fee to activate an exteranl HD to have the equivent DVR capabilities of the 508 with the HD upgrade

Does the 211K HDMI and Composit outputs both send the signal at the ssame time. I have the Composite hooked to a second TV and some times they are both on from the 508

Repalce with another 722K
Remove 10/ Month SOLO DVR Fee
Add 7 / month DVR fee
Add 10 / month second tuner fee for second 722K

Any help with verifying this would be great
A 722 should have a $7 DVR fee not $10 the $10 DVR fee starts with 922 and models above. The additional receiver fees are $7 for 211 $10 for 222 and 612 and $17 for 622/722 & 722K

You are correct on the monthly fees if you replace your 508 with a 211k. All audio/video outputs on the 211k will work at the same time.

If you replace the 508 with a 722k, your amount is correct, but it's $17 for a HD Duo DVR (combined fee).

Also, we will replace your 508 with a 512 if you wanted. This would not require a new commitment.

So if I buy a 772K my bill will go up a net $7 month?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts