508 fee increased???

Khandurian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Cocoa Beach Baby!
Did I miss something here?

For the last 6 years, ive only paid 7$ a month.

Now, the new bill comes in and its been up'd to 10$ a month PLUS a 6$ dvr fee.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

The 501 and 508 now have the same fees as any other solo DVR. Your bill is correct.

DISH Network has made the fees for these receivers in line with all our other receivers. All accounts are issued a credit for the amount of the increase for 24 months. These receivers are being phased out as they are QPSK and we will be making 8QPSK the minimum requirement for being able to receive the satellite signal. This will allow DISH Network to add an additional 70 channels to our line up.

DISH Network has made the fees for these receivers in line with all our other receivers. All accounts are issued a credit for the amount of the increase for 24 months. These receivers are being phased out as they are QPSK and we will be making 8QPSK the minimum requirement for being able to receive the satellite signal. This will allow DISH Network to add an additional 70 channels to our line up.
That's the 1st time I've heard someone give an actual amount of the channel increase by switching to all 8PSK. Hopefully some of those 70 channels will be HD RSNs full-time as that's what everyone wants right now.

maryb@Dish Network said:

I'm assuming this means 70 SD channels and not HD. If so, how many SD channels does the bandwidth of one HD channel amount to?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Does the 24 month credit apply if Dish upgrades a 508 to 512? I was going to switch out a 301 to an HD unit, and the rep offered to upgrade the my 508 unit to a 512 for no charge at the same time. Would the credit transfer with the 508 to 512 swap?

they keep with all these high fees people are going to leave dish for direct or cable.:)

Does the 24 month credit apply if Dish upgrades a 508 to 512? I was going to switch out a 301 to an HD unit, and the rep offered to upgrade the my 508 unit to a 512 for no charge at the same time. Would the credit transfer with the 508 to 512 swap?

If its an upgrade that you request then you get the fee.If its a replacement due to equipment failure then you don't get the fee.Now if they force you to upgrade your equipment ie put you on eastern arc the fee is supposed to be waived for that as well.

I have a 508 and have been charged the extra $3.00.I've had the 508 for years,why am I getting charged the $3.00 if they are suppose to give me the credit? It would be nie if they would let people know when they increase prices,Not one word from DISH,,what a lousy way to do business. I wrote to Dish but haven't heard a word..nothing unusual about that,they are always very slow to get back. How can I get this charge removed?????????

I have a 508 and have been charged the extra $3.00.I've had the 508 for years,why am I getting charged the $3.00 if they are suppose to give me the credit? It would be nie if they would let people know when they increase prices,Not one word from DISH,,what a lousy way to do business. I wrote to Dish but haven't heard a word..nothing unusual about that,they are always very slow to get back. How can I get this charge removed?????????

You should be getting a $3 credit for 24 months to offset the charge. If you want to PM your phone number or account number, I'll make sure it's there.

If you are already receiving a 24 month credit for the receiver fee increase as of 8-11-11, then yes the credit will not be removed if you upgrade.

70 National channels? Perhaps a mix of SD and HD channels. If 501/508/510 receivers are not 8PSK but they are going to credit for two years then does that mean that they are going to allow the receivers to still be on for two years? If not then why give a credit for two years?

70 National channels? Perhaps a mix of SD and HD channels. If 501/508/510 receivers are not 8PSK but they are going to credit for two years then does that mean that they are going to allow the receivers to still be on for two years? If not then why give a credit for two years?

This is just speculation on my part...

it's gonna take every bit of 2 yrs possibly more to get all the legacy equipment swapped over to 8psk (newer equipment) The 2 yr credit sort of substantiates that theory.

What I remember from one of the Charlie chats when the DVR fees started, was the 501/508 would never have a DVR fee. It's sad we a big corporation can't keep it's promise. Don't say never if it's something you can't keep.

What I remember from one of the Charlie chats when the DVR fees started, was the 501/508 would never have a DVR fee. It's sad we a big corporation can't keep it's promise. Don't say never if it's something you can't keep.
You honestly think that anyone actually said, ""Never." Close your eyes and try to imagine that happening. No way!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)