510 nbr

drod

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2004
Lansig Va
anyone hear anything about nbr on the 510? I heard supposed to be here by mid feb but no official releases. Makes me wonder if Charlie just did blurt it out.

So there has been no news on this? I was really looking forward to getting this on my 510.

I for one am really looking forward to this only if it does not mess up my two 510's which have been very stable machines. If you have been with Dish for any length of time you should be familiar with their software issues. I am aware of the 522 which has NBR but also aware of the problems associated with it. I have wanted a 522 for a long time and have run a second line in the den in anticipation of getting one however being a existing customer and all the problems recently read about in getting one I may decide to get another 510 and run two of them to the same tv. (video 1&2). I would have twice the recording time and most of the advantages of a 522. I can also install the 510 and not have to take off from work or have some one I don't know come in my house to do something I can do half drunk and in my sleep.

Charlie said it will be out by the Tech Chat (Valentines Day)

So lets see if Charlie is a man of his word.

If not give them hell on the tech chat. :D

When NBR is available will the 508 be included as well? I understand the 510 is just a 508 with a larger disk, correct?

Hi, This is my first time writing on here and fairly new to E* (Dec.) I love this site. Anyway, I was just thinking of this same question the past few days. I really want to have nbr on my 510 and didn't know that Charlie had discussed it recently. I was really looking forward to that when I first received dish. I guess I was under the misconception that it was on the dvr when I ordered. (thought it was similar to Tivo). I guess through reading from this site that alot of things from E* lately are mainly rumors or misconceptions. :(

good analysis 2extreme and welcome to the hell we all call E*. I'm hoping this is why they pushed back the tech chat and that it will be released or at least they will begin spooling it before the tech chat begins. My hopes are all that keep me alive with E* anymore.

the chat is for retailers only, but our awesome pals here on sat guys hook us up with a recap in the main dish forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)