52.0 Remote Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
i know what RF, IR, and UHF mean - but I wondered about the "RF/UHF since there wasn't any kind of switch in the remote. I've since found the option in the Hopper itself. Thanks :)
I've been using the old 40.0 remote as for probably 5 years now as other-than-IR - it comes in handy sometimes

The 40 remote is RF as far as Dish products go. It will also do IR for auxiliary devices like TVs and AVRs. There is no switch on this remote. The option on the Hopper itself is for use with other IR remotes like the Harmony.

Reactions: pattykay
The 40 remote is RF as far as Dish products go. It will also do IR for auxiliary devices like TVs and AVRs. There is no switch on this remote. The option on the Hopper itself is for use with other IR remotes like the Harmony.
exactly - and I really like my Harmony One.

As others have said, the 52 and the 40 remotes are RF only to the Hopper. These remotes output IR ONLY for other devices (TV, Aux, DVD). You'd need to go back to something like the 21 remote to be able to output IR for the Dish receivers.

Also as others have said, Hopper 3 will respond to IR commands used by virtually all other Dish receivers.

There are only a couple of issues that I ran across:

The OPTION button on the 52 is essentially the RED button on previous remotes. The other color buttons work also so you may or may not want to abandon them.

Good luck.

Hi!

One other 52.0 button that's missing from the Harmony database is BACK
I use this button a lot to do things like back out of a recorded show entry that is in a custom folder - if I'm viewing the program info, hitting BACK will take me back to my custom folder....without it (when I'm using the Harmony One) I have to hit EXIT which brings me all the way back to the main recorded shows folder, which is a real pain...I have to keep the 52.0 around just for this one button - DOH!

Any chance the BACK button is hidden in another button (like OPTIONS was in RED), or that someone has the Hex or Pronto codes for it?

Thanks!

-Greg

Hi!

One other 52.0 button that's missing from the Harmony database is BACK
I use this button a lot to do things like back out of a recorded show entry that is in a custom folder - if I'm viewing the program info, hitting BACK will take me back to my custom folder....without it (when I'm using the Harmony One) I have to hit EXIT which brings me all the way back to the main recorded shows folder, which is a real pain...I have to keep the 52.0 around just for this one button - DOH!

Any chance the BACK button is hidden in another button (like OPTIONS was in RED), or that someone has the Hex or Pronto codes for it?

Thanks!

-Greg
Back in the Harmony database is called Recall.....

Back in the Harmony database is called Recall.....
Hi!
Thanks for the reply!
Turns out that isn't the same as the "BACK" button on the 52.0 though...
RECALL seems to be channel-related as opposed to just backing up to previous menu screens...
The hunt continues!! :)

-Greg

Actually, I was incorrect with my last post. The button that matches Back on the 52 remote is EXIT. It works in the exact same way. On the 700 remote, it is located just under the MENU button.

B002IC0YLS_main.jpg

Registered just to ask a related question while helping a buddy...

His new Dish Hopper 3 (16 tuner DVR) is working fine mostly with a Harmony 700 to replace his 52.0 ? Remote but ...

Q: How do I add the "Input" button command ( on the side of the original dish remote) that he uses to switch between Tuners (appears to be RF only so I can't learn it with the Harmony)?

There should be a TV Input button in the 700s window. If it isn’t there, he needs to go back into the MyHarmony app and add it.

Edit: now that I look closer to your post, your friend wants to swap tuners, not change the TV inputs. All he needs to do is press the Red button and then swap.

Reactions: Mpgrimm2
In the Harmony 650 setup, you can pick a command and drop it on a button to make that button work for that command. I dropped the back button command on the exit button and can now go back one screen at a time instead of exit. I use the watch live tv on the Harmony screen to exit.
I also dropped the dvr command on the recall button(which I never used) to enter the dvr screen with a button instead of using the screen.

In the Harmony 650 setup, you can pick a command and drop it on a button to make that button work for that command. I dropped the back button command on the exit button and can now go back one screen at a time instead of exit. I use the watch live tv on the Harmony screen to exit.
I also dropped the dvr command on the recall button(which I never used) to enter the dvr screen with a button instead of using the screen.
You should have a DVR button already on your 650 in the window. I have a 700, a 650 with rechargeable batteries, and I have DVR in the top left corner...

IMG_0328.jpg

Or, at least you can set it up that way...

I k
You should have a DVR button already on your 650 in the window. I have a 700, a 650 with rechargeable batteries, and I have DVR in the top left corner...

View attachment 132026

Or, at least you can set it up that way...

I know, but I never watch live tv, so I wanted a button for easier access. I put the live tv access in the first window.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)