522 L2.07 Update

Are we possibly experiencing the same problem I thought was solved long ago on the 7100/7200 with corrupted guide data in the nightly download?

I called Dish yesterday with the exact same problem. They are sending me new hardware.

<update>

Called Dish to stop the hardware shipment. Sounds like they are getting calls about this issue. I read them descriptions of the problems off the forum and (for what it's worth) they said they would get back to me.

Pepper said:
I have discovered a new bug today. I've been having lots of trouble scrolling forward & backward in the guide, if I skip forward a few days, say 12/06, then try to navigate backward all of a sudden I am on 12/23 with No Info Available. Very strange, and I think related to this, I found a few weird timers that nobody can remember creating, it looks like we tried to create a timer for something but the time got shifted similar to what is happening above. I know I did not want to record "Paid Programming" on PAX at 3am Tuesday. I did want to record Sue Thomas F.B.Eye at 8pm Wednesday though and it is not scheduled.

I had the same problem last night. A soft and hard reboot did not solve the problem. This morning I have version 208 and the guide problem seems to be gone.

522 software update

I have the newest 522 software update and I've read every item in this thread. I have yet to experience any of the problems you all are mentioning which I find unusual given my use of the 522. I record 6-10 shows during the day using NBR, and then play most of them that night, sending them over to the Sony DVD recorder. I usually delete these 6-10 shows that same day. I consistently record on TV2 while either watching or recording on TV1 either manually or via NBR. I constantly fast-forward, pause, rewind - while sending recordings to the DVD-R. I don't think I've ever heard a audio pop or see a video glitch except for the "programming error" described below. Being a programmer myself, my NOT seeing these issues on the same software is very significant to the debugging process. The ability to consistently re-create issues and be able to document them would help DISH programmers to nail down these issues easier. We all may want to thoroughly document the step by step instructions on how to re-create these issues and post them here since I'm sure DISH does monitor this site.

-John

"Programming error" - about the only thing I've seen that looks like a bug is when I start a DVR recording on TV1 or TV2 and immediately pause it, then hit rewind to go back to it's beginning. The "timer" at the bottom of the screen shows 99:99:99 999 (or something like that). As soon as I unpause or play it, the timer goes back to normal (like 29:30 left...).

I did have the "hard drive scanning..please wait 45 minutes...blah blah" screen come up a few times, but that's seemed to stop since I've removed a lot of the 90 hours of events I once had on the DVR...now back down to 20 hours. I suspect a nearly full harddrive was causing issues, much like Windows does when you have just a few meg left...

This thread is referring to a version of the software that is no lonmger on anyone's machine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts