522 loses signal on 1 of 4 connections

Racehorse

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 27, 2006
here is what was reported to me that happened by my wife, as I got home after the original loss of signal ....

only had E* for a month means I'm not operating on much background info

intense rainstorm knocks off signal on both 522s which each have a TV1 and a remote TV2 ... 4 total

signal is gone on both 522s and no reception on all 4 tvs

wife calls daughter who has E* and lives few blocks away ... lost signal there too

ok ... first time to lose signal, but it was not unexpected with storm

wife goes into kitchen to bake some brownies and flips on tv there which is operating as a remote TV2 .... signal comes back on that tv in just a few minutes

curious, she goes to room where the 522 that is controlling kitchen TV2 sitll has NO signal .....

goes to room where othere 522 is and no signal ...

ok ... now there is only 1 of 4 tv with a signal ... hmmmmmm

I get home JUST as signal retruns (5 minutes later) on the 522 which controls the kitchen TV2

I check the other 522 ..... NO signal .... depending upon me punching up down buttons I get errors 02 and 15 showing

I go to TV2 for THAT 522 and ... what the hell ..... have reception ... back to controlling 522 ... NO signal

the 522 that has no signal still has no signal an hour later when we go to bed

here is what is puzzling me
how come the TV2s got the signal before the TV1 --- channel selection I suppose .. really dunno
how come there ends up for a fairly lenghty amount of time that there is 1 of 4 tvs ... and it being a TV1 at that ... that has no signal

this morning ... all tv have reception

not critical problem ... just has me wondering as to why/how

any answers/opinions?

Guess you would really rather be racing horses, or betting on them.:D

how come the TV2s got the signal before the TV1 --- channel selection I suppose .. really dunno
That is highly probable. In addition, maybe only 1 tuner was affected by either a power flicker and/or surge.

I don't know what you mean by "522 loses signal on 1 of 4 connections". (4 receivers or 4 sat locations.)

However, I suspect that both residences had temporary lost signals do to very heavy rain. It should all have come back in a short time, unless a distant lightening strike caused a power surge affecting the 522's and or LNBF/Switches. If you would have removed the power from all of the equipment, waited a minute, and then powered it all back up, it probably would have worked; but then while you were sleeping, the system did a update and rebooted - having the same effect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)