54.0 Remote coming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just checked my acct & for two they wanted to charge me $13.99 in shipping - ridiculous!
MyDish account says $8.99 and so does the charge on my credit credit card for two remotes. Wonder why the difference! I guess maybe we live different distances from wherever the remotes are shipped from.

Hmmm. I've got 3 voice remotes and replaced them all with the 40 remote. I don't know if I could go back to not having a dedicated button for everything. Something as simple as turning on closed captioning by simply hitting the green button when we can't make out the dialog in a scene and then hitting the green button again is something that we do routinely because it's so easy. I really tried to like the voice remote, I'm a gadget guy, but always came back to the 40.

Backlighting is needed, but it's not enough for me to give my 40s! ;)

I have the 50, 52, and the 40. I hate the 52, the touch pad is a joke, and it doesn't always work. Like someone else said, we have to reboot the 4K joey at times to get it to work agian.

I still like the 40 remote. I have gotten use to it, and I can work in in the dark with no problem. My fingers know where the buttons are, and it's as natural as typing in the dark for me, I know where the keys are.

I like the button layout, and I like the ability to hit one button and it turns on everything. I have HDMI ARC and I can just press my Dish button and the TV, and AVR both come on. I turn the TV off they all turn off. I turn on my 4K Player, and it switches automatically to BD on the AVR. I play a song from my PC to the AVR it switches automatically.

Maybe it's me, but I like it better than the Harmony I have. The Dish 40 remote just works. I like the colored buttons, and having an Aux is killer. I guess I'm just use to it, but I really like it.

I still think they need to bring back the Aux on the 54. If they had SAT, TV, BD/DVD, AUX your set, or at least I am. With it missing the Aux some people can get the AVR (AUX) to power on, but then can't control the device, so it only works half way.

Still. I'll try it and see what happens. Hopefully I'll like it....

Reactions: dweber and pattykay
Just ordered the new 54 from dish. $20 + $7.99 shipping because I selected 2 day shipping for a $1 more. I wanted the 50 for the voice functionality but hated the touchpad idea. I love my 52 and have 2 for each tv. I think the 54 combines the best of the 50 and 52. I originally had the 40 but didn’t care for having so many buttons. And now they added the ability to customize several buttons on all the remotes and the 54 made the 2 buttons from the 52 dedicated for your custom option by making them the diamond and double diamond buttons. The way I see it is dish now has a remote option for everyone.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just ordered the new 54 from dish. $20 + $7.99 shipping because I selected 2 day shipping for a $1 more. I wanted the 50 for the voice functionality but hated the touchpad idea. I love my 52 and have 2 for each tv. I think the 54 combines the best of the 50 and 52. I originally had the 40 but didn’t care for having so many buttons. And now they added the ability to customize several buttons on all the remotes and the 54 made the 2 buttons from the 52 dedicated for your custom option by making them the diamond and double diamond buttons. The way I see it is dish now has a remote option for everyone.
Does the 52 have just one "other device" device button like the 50.0?

I got my 40.0 remotes today for my Hopper3 and Joey 2s. It is like slipping on a comfortable pair of shoes after the 52.0. One oddity is, when I paired them, they showed up with odd names, like Charlie. I renamed them in the remote setup setting, but it is not what I would have expected. These were new, in-box, and do not appear to be refurbs or anything. Anyway, they seem to work great, so I am pleased.

The CSR credited my DISH account for the $8.99 shipping charge. Should do the same for you I guess.

I guess I screwed up and used the Chat instead of calling. I could not get the person to understand that I was asking why I have to pay shipping. They finally said "I do apologize but we cannot waive charges for accessory orders".

Reactions: charlesrshell
MyDish account says $8.99 and so does the charge on my credit credit card for two remotes. Wonder why the difference! I guess maybe we live different distances from wherever the remotes are shipped from.

They ship by UPS which works by how many zones it has to go through so the more zones, the more expensive it costs... It's $5.99 for ground and $6.49 for 2 day air for just 1 remote here in 94127. They ship from CO.

I have the 50, 52, and the 40. I hate the 52, the touch pad is a joke, and it doesn't always work. Like someone else said, we have to reboot the 4K joey at times to get it to work agian.

I still like the 40 remote. I have gotten use to it, and I can work in in the dark with no problem. My fingers know where the buttons are, and it's as natural as typing in the dark for me, I know where the keys are.

I like the button layout, and I like the ability to hit one button and it turns on everything. I have HDMI ARC and I can just press my Dish button and the TV, and AVR both come on. I turn the TV off they all turn off. I turn on my 4K Player, and it switches automatically to BD on the AVR. I play a song from my PC to the AVR it switches automatically.

Maybe it's me, but I like it better than the Harmony I have. The Dish 40 remote just works. I like the colored buttons, and having an Aux is killer. I guess I'm just use to it, but I really like it.

I still think they need to bring back the Aux on the 54. If they had SAT, TV, BD/DVD, AUX your set, or at least I am. With it missing the Aux some people can get the AVR (AUX) to power on, but then can't control the device, so it only works half way.

Still. I'll try it and see what happens. Hopefully I'll like it....

The 50 is the one with the touchpad and the 52 is non-voice. The touchpad issue is just like computers, I could never use a touchpad but the trackpoint or eraserhead like used on the IBM/Lenovo ThinkPads works better for me as it's more accurate and I actually can control it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts