54.3 Remote Problem

Anyone have a 54 remote that your just watching TV and not touching the remote and all the mode lights flash (SAT, TV, AUX) and kills the batteries?
Kills the batteries?? That's an issue. The flashing lights is the remote firmware updating and/or possibly the remote settings and timers backing up

Kills the batteries?? That's an issue. The flashing lights is the remote firmware updating and/or possibly the remote settings and timers backing up
Yes every sense I added the Plus the remote seems to do this firmware update I want to say hourly! And have had to replace the batteries several times. Prior to the Plus I used the 40 remote and never had these issues.

What I hate about the 54 series is it does not have a on/off button just to turn the TV on/off without turning both the TV and the DISH STB off.
Actually you can accomplish that by pressing the TV button on the left side of the remote and then the power button. The TV will turn on but the Dish receiver will not.

Actually you can accomplish that by pressing the TV button on the left side of the remote and then the power button. The TV will turn on but the Dish receiver will not.
My android system when I push just the Tv button and hit power it shuts down both and turns both on. I have 6 54.3 remotes in use and they all do the same thing, I don't know weather it's just some people that there remotes are this way.

My android system when I push just the Tv button and hit power it shuts down both and turns both on. I have 6 54.3 remotes in use and they all do the same thing, I don't know weather it's just some people that there remotes are this way.
The green light on your Hopper turns off at the same time as the TV?? Can't be

Reactions: charlesrshell
Many thanks Bobby! Is there a way to not have the Hopper H3 show that their remote is not in the SAT mode and to hit the SAT button as it's kind of hard to teach my mom who is 94 years old illiterate but as long as the 50.0 and 52.0 remotes are still usable, it should be fine.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Many thanks Bobby! Is there a way to not have the Hopper H3 show that their remote is not in the SAT mode and to hit the SAT button as it's kind of hard to teach my mom who is 94 years old illiterate but as long as the 50.0 and 52.0 remotes are still usable, it should be fine.
I don't think there is a way to make that go away. It is, after all, a reminder to let you know that you are unable to do any satellite functions until you press Sat.

I don't think there is a way to make that go away. It is, after all, a reminder to let you know that you are unable to do any satellite functions until you press Sat.
There is a setting for it if I remember correctly. In settings find the notifications tile and it's in there I think. I can make sure in a little bit when I'm in front of one.