58w in Dallas, TX

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jlrpes

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
Dallas
Is anyone able to pick the sat 58w in Dallas, TX? I am able to pick up some channels but can't get a lot of HD channels.

Sky is now using 2 sats in 58w, do i need 2 lnbs?

No, One lnb will pick up all the stuff there. 118.8 and 119 are picked up by the same lnb because they are close. They will sometimes use two sats when one has dead transponders. Use a second to fill in.

I get 58w in Tucson with a 76cm dish, so should be able to get it in TX

regardless of how many satellites are at an orbital slot in the sky, if they're at the same slot then you only need one LNB (as long as they're the same type of satellite like Linear or Circular)

:)

Is anyone able to pick the sat 58w in Dallas, TX? I am able to pick up some channels but can't get a lot of HD channels.

FYI: SKY HD are encrypted if you are not using a real SKY HD Subbed receiver, if you have a subbed Non HD Sky unit then that explains why you are not getting those channels.

I am using a Chaparral lnb that Sky is using. I get a few channels in HD in the rest i can't see. There is a channel that comes and goes during the day (NETGEO) and some other SD channels too. So i am not sure if the Sat is movig during the day. I am using a 2.5 mt antenna here is Dallas. I was using a universal lnb with the standard receiver and switch to the chapparal lnb to be able to use the HD receiver. Do i need a stronger LNB or is there such LNB to be able to pick up the other HD channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.