5g starting to flop?

its so limited in area you wont get a real feel for how its accepted.
had it rolled out in my area i would have jumped on it. but then i am rural with no other coverage

its so limited in area you wont get a real feel for how its accepted.
had it rolled out in my area i would have jumped on it. but then i am rural with no other coverage
The install is ridiculous...they have to put an antenna on your roof..run coax to your router..then run coax to your tvs and connect up to your land line phones (if you have them)...its ni different than fiber or satellite

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

The author doesn’t know a byte from a bit.

“... would not scale up and would not resemble the 5G...” Why bother? And multi-hour installs, apparently involving more than one person? This is going down in flames unless they improve the process. Why not put a wireless router at the receive antenna and call it a day?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

What I've complained about with these wireless cell tower data connections is because most if not all of them have been METERED services with limitations on total data, or, speeds REDUCED significantly after some data limit is reached?? And EXPENSIVE to boot!!

I complained to nTelos when they throttled my UNLIMITED 3G connection after 15GB? At that time they were planning for 4G and I sent them a letter asking why they didn't upgrade their system to allow for more bandwidth for users and a cheaper price rather than going to 4G where I'd run out of data 10 TIMES FASTER??? They never answered me??

So now I'm still on a cellular service with 4G but with Sprint after they bought out nTelos 2 years ago and it's still expensive and will only get worse with 5G.

And on a positive note, my local electric cooperative (CVEC) has given free use of it's infrastructure to a cable internet company, fireflyva.com to install fiber optic cable connections to all their cooperative customers and I'm one of them!!! :biggrin Their rates are $49.99 for a 100MBS UNLIMITED connection and $79.99 for a 1 GIGABIT UNLIMITED connection!!!:clappingOnly problem is I'm 73 now and I'm wondering if I'll live long enough to see it!! They are just up the road from me now with the initial cable install, BUT, I live a half mile off the main road and I'm wondering how long it will take for them to get to a point where they will run that cable to me??? I can dream though, can't I!!! ;)

Why would the FCC allow Verizon to roll out a "5G" prototype system that doesn't meet 5G standards and by their own admission isn't scaleable to meet those standards? Seems to me to be nothing more than a stunt by Verizon to try and impress people that they're ahead of the game by rolling out a crippled system while still promoting it as 5G. Sounds like something Microsoft would do. :rolleyes:

Why would the FCC allow Verizon to roll out a "5G" prototype system that doesn't meet 5G standards and by their own admission isn't scaleable to meet those standards? Seems to me to be nothing more than a stunt by Verizon to try and impress people that they're ahead of the game by rolling out a crippled system while still promoting it as 5G. Sounds like something Microsoft would do. :rolleyes:
Because the "standard" is still being written

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)