5lnb slimline dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

berryman14

Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
I am receiving good signal in the 90's on 101, 110 & 119. I have not having any luck getting any signal on 99 or 103. Can anyone give some ideas as to why I am not receiving any king of signal? Could the lnb be bad?

Jim

What type of receiver do you have, and is it set up for the 5LNB dish type? Also, do you have the BBC's installed?

It may be an alignment issue also, since the 99/103 sats have a much smaller footprint for peaking in signal.

I have an H21 receiver. I have installed another slimline dish fo my friend and received the signal with no problem. With this installation I have spent hours trying to get any kind of signal. At one time I did get about a signal of 65 on just the even transponders on the 99. There are no tree issues and the dish arm is level.

If your LNB is good, you just need to fine tune (dither) the dish. Also check for bad fittings and low freq. barrels.

If your LNB is good, you just need to fine tune (dither) the dish. Also check for bad fittings and low freq. barrels.
How does one fine tune/dither the dish? My problem is that some HD channels will drop out while I still receive other HD channels. It got bad enough this past Saturday, to where I was 'motivated' to call DirecTV, and after going through the round robin of questions about the weather and what kind of signal strength I was getting, a DTV tech is coming to the house tomorrow. A friend, who has had DirecTV HD a little longer then I have (less than two weeks now) thinks it might be that when the guy installed the 5LNB dish, he 'neglected' to install a multiplexer/multiswitch between the dish and receiver.

Dithering is adjusting the dish back and forth to accurately find the center of the beam instead of peaking the signal. You could be off far enough that the 99 and 103 signals are weak but 101, 110 and 119 would still be fine. It probably will only need a small adjustment.

It's a good possibility that your B-band converter is either not connected, or is bad.

I am told that you can order a free replacement from DirecTV's website.

Edit: This applies to the OP who has no signal at all on 99 or 103.

No BBC

It's a good possibility that your B-band converter is either not connected, or is bad.

I am told that you can order a free replacement from DirecTV's website.

Edit: This applies to the OP who has no signal at all on 99 or 103.

I have a slimline 5 LNb with no BBc and get no 99 or 103 but think there may be a problem with 103 that is unrelated to my lack of a bbc. If must have a BBC then that is my problem as my signal levels are in the 97 and up on the other sats

I have a slimline 5 LNb with no BBc and get no 99 or 103 but think there may be a problem with 103 that is unrelated to my lack of a bbc. If must have a BBC then that is my problem as my signal levels are in the 97 and up on the other sats

Unless you have the very newest DISH out, you need the BBC's.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)