5lnb/swm to HR 20 splitter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grothman

Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
California
Just installed a new swm Directv dish and have a total of 6 receivers. The single swm line works well with both of my HR 21's and HR 23's which have swm inputs.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what type of splitter I can use for each of my 2 HR 20's (which do not have swm inputs) so that I can run 2 tuners at the same time on each?

Thanks

Just installed a new swm Directv dish and have a total of 6 receivers. The single swm line works well with both of my HR 21's and HR 23's which have swm inputs.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what type of splitter I can use for each of my 2 HR 20's (which do not have swm inputs) so that I can run 2 tuners at the same time on each?

Thanks

Might want to take a closer look, My HR 20's DO have a SWM input.

5LNB/SWM splitter for HR 20

I'll check again when I get home, but don't remember the inputs saying anything more than satellite 1 and satellite 2

Also, make sure you note that on the HR20, the connectors are "reversed" from what would seem normal. That is, when viewed from the rear, the satellite connector closest to the left is "Satellite 2," while the next one over is "Satellite 1/FTM" (aka: SWM input). I have my HR20 running on SWM -- no problems.

Thanks

If you're running 4 DVR's plus 2 HD receivers - that's 10 tuners. Two will not work. You will need a SWM expander or a 2nd dish. If you're running 6 DVR's, four of your tuners will not work without either of the above.

If you're running 4 DVR's plus 2 HD receivers - that's 10 tuners. Two will not work. You will need a SWM expander or a 2nd dish. If you're running 6 DVR's, four of your tuners will not work without either of the above.

You could also setup two of the DVRs in single tuner mode, then you can only record one thing at a time instead of two on those boxes.

Or, go back to the non-SWM LNB, and use two SWM-8's with a SWM E2 expander, giving you 16 total tuners.

Cheaper route is to just get some wideband splitters and put them between the LNB and two SWM8's, I do that, no problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts