5x8 Multi-Switch 47691-5MS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

parksplace5454

Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
Pinedale, Arizona
I am attempting to hook up my DTV dish to an outbuilding. In the outbuilding I have a Leviton 47691-5MS 5x8 Multi-Switch. There are 4 satellite inputs to the multiswitch as follows:

18V/22KHz
SAT B

18V/0KHz
SAT A

13V/220Hz
SAT B

13V/0KHz
SAT A

If I am using only one RG-6 from my dish for the outbuilding, which one of these inputs should I connect to on the multiswitch?

Thanks!
Ed

It's not going to work, Ed. First, a multiswitch is not a splitter. Second, a non-SWM DirecTV system cannot have the satellite signal split.

It is an oval shaped 5-LNB dish with 4 RG-6 lines coming off of its multiswitch. The main receiver/DVR in the house is using 2 of the RG-6 lines. I routed a third line to the outbuilding. I was hopeing to distribute that signal to different points in the outbuilding through another multiswitch. Sounds like I may have gotten it all wrong?

It is an oval shaped 5-LNB dish with 4 RG-6 lines coming off of its multiswitch. The main receiver/DVR in the house is using 2 of the RG-6 lines. I routed a third line to the outbuilding. I was hopeing to distribute that signal to different points in the outbuilding through another multiswitch. Sounds like I may have gotten it all wrong?

Here is an unapproved trick that will probably work IF you do not need HD in the out building.

Run the second spare line to the outbuilding also. Connect a 3x4 multiswitch in the out building. That will give you four SD lines.

Having said that, it is probably easier to install another dish for the outbuilding. After all, a main benefit of these rigs is to eliminate long overhead and underground cable runs....right?

Joe

If the out building is not going to have hd and four or less tv's then use a phase III for the building and eliminate the wire from the slimline. The phase III has four outputs and does not get hd. If you want hd then a seperate slimline for the building would be better.

New Slimline?

If I install a new 5-LNB Slimline on the outbuilding (don't know why I didn't think of that before), can someone tell me the best way to port the satellite signal to 6 separate outlets in the building?
Thanks,
Ed

Do you need a 5 lnb slimline? Unless your locals are on 119 or you want Spanish or Chinese programming a SL3 is all you need and is easier to aim. With either Slimline dish a WB68 would be needed for 6 outputs.

Now that you mention it, I guess I probably don't need a 5 lnb slimline so I will go shopping for a SL3 and a WB68. Thanks a lot for the help. I'm a digital guy and not real good at this satellite stuff. Thanks again.
Ed

Thanks Everyone!

I did end up buying a new SL3, installed it on the steel outbuilding, and everyting is working great.... thanks everyone for all of your advice and help.
Ed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts