6/2/2010 4:06pm - Uplink Activity Report - 263 changes

6610(13) - WBKO [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar14 119W TP 04 Spotbeam B14 changed to Available (H)(Bowling Green, KY-ABC)
6611(4) - WNKYD [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar14 119W TP 04 Spotbeam B14 changed to Available (H)(Bowling Green, KY-N/A)
6612(40) - WNKY [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar14 119W TP 04 Spotbeam B14 changed to Available (H)(Bowling Green, KY-NBC)
6613(33) - WBKOD [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar14 119W TP 04 Spotbeam B14 changed to Available (H)(Bowling Green, KY-N/A)
6614(48) - WKGB [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar14 119W TP 04 Spotbeam B14 changed to Available (H)(Bowling Green, KY-PBS)
6615(24) - WKYU [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar14 119W TP 04 Spotbeam B14 changed to Available (H)(Bowling Green, KY-PBS)

those are mine but i dont see them in the guide. Do I need to do something to get them.
thanks

From what I am hearing it will be signed tomorrow.

Hopefully it won't be to long now and those of us affected by this ruling can receive our missing channels.

I did a hard reboot and as of 12:30PM CST the CBS station out of Dothan is still not available for those of use in the Panama City area..... at least it's not showing up in my program guide.

Stu

6610(13) - WBKO [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar14 119W TP 04 Spotbeam B14 changed to Available (H)(Bowling Green, KY-ABC)
6611(4) - WNKYD [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar14 119W TP 04 Spotbeam B14 changed to Available (H)(Bowling Green, KY-N/A)
6612(40) - WNKY [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar14 119W TP 04 Spotbeam B14 changed to Available (H)(Bowling Green, KY-NBC)
6613(33) - WBKOD [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar14 119W TP 04 Spotbeam B14 changed to Available (H)(Bowling Green, KY-N/A)
6614(48) - WKGB [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar14 119W TP 04 Spotbeam B14 changed to Available (H)(Bowling Green, KY-PBS)
6615(24) - WKYU [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar14 119W TP 04 Spotbeam B14 changed to Available (H)(Bowling Green, KY-PBS)

those are mine but i dont see them in the guide. Do I need to do something to get them.
thanks

If you are not recording anything, pull the AC plug on the receiver, wait 10-20 seconds and then plug it back in.

Be sure to check for channels 6610 and so on... the map downs may not work until you change the setting in your menus.

you might have to call and subscribe to them too :)

The new markets dont just "pop" in

I thought that since "all packages include locals on June 3rd", they would use that to prevent from incurring customer service costs, and simply authorize everyone automatically, but I guess not. :rolleyes:

Digiblur also says:

digiblur said:
It looks like the local channels page has a spot to login in with your id and password to activate the local channels on your programming package

I thought that since "all packages include locals on June 3rd", they would use that to prevent from incurring customer service costs, and simply authorize everyone automatically, but I guess not. :rolleyes:

Since the markets that did not have locals available until today were getting a discount maybe they have to call in because the bill will change.
yes I know packages went up a couple bucks but this is different :)

and the locals qualifier doesnt have that login anymore....just checked (was there this morning)
'
anywho it is still giving errors when you run an address

That's not what we are seeing here. Nor does that make sense on what they told you.

On Eastern Arc (77w) I see ABC, CBS duplicated from the Beaumont 61.5 spotbeam, and PBS, FOX, and NBC from Lake Charles. The LC FOX did not go active like the NBC did.

Also Lafayette is on 110 for SD and 129 for HD, they wouldn't be creating a split arc local setup where you had to have an odd ball setup. They should have just added NBC, FOX, and PBS to the space available on the Lafayette HD beam and left everyone in LC in a Dish1000.2 instead of having to swap folks to 1000.4. But I guess they had their reasoning for that.

I think the CSR made a mistake when I chatted with him. The lastest on the local search on the dish network site reported Lake Charles market as follows:

Lake Charles, LA 70605
Thu Jun 03 2010 12:50:01 Mountain Daylight Time
LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE
Congratulations! This address is eligible for the:
Lake Charles, LA Local Network Package

Please note: Channels denoted by "HD" are in high definition. Those without this notation are only available
in standard definition.
If you do not see HD local channels currently available in your area, you may still be able to receive them via a high
definition off-air antenna.
Local channels currently available in this package:

Locals Package - $5.99 per month*
Station Local Channel Number Dish Channel Number
BEAUMONT-PORT ARTHUR CBS-KFDM 6 5280
LAKE CHARLES, LA PBS-KLTL 20 5285
LAKE CHARLES, LA FOX-KVHP HD 29 5283
BEAUMONT-PORT ARTHUR CBS - KFDM IN HD 6 5280
LAKE CHARLES, LA FOX-KVHP 29 5283
LAKE CHARLES, LA NBC-KPLC HD 7 5282
BEAUMONT-PORT ARTHUR ABC-KBMT 12 5280
BEAUMONT-PORT ARTHUR ABC - KBMT IN HD 12 5280
LAKE CHARLES, LA PBS-KLTL HD 20 5285
LAKE CHARLES, LA NBC-KPLC 7

you might have to call and subscribe to them too :)

The new markets dont just "pop" in

Thanks for the info. I will call them. Another question I notice that there is not a CW listed for my area. This being a smaller town we only have 2 TV stations. 1 station is CBS and NBC the other is ABC,FOX,and CW. If the CW is local how come we wont get it? Is there anything else missing?

So I finally have access to Fox, ABC, CBS, and NBC through Eureka (I live in Crescent City), but they're not in HD. Guess I'll be waiting even longer than I hoped. I don't care if the networks are local or not, I just want to HAVE the networks in HD.

Thanks for the info. I will call them. Another question I notice that there is not a CW listed for my area. This being a smaller town we only have 2 TV stations. 1 station is CBS and NBC the other is ABC,FOX,and CW. If the CW is local how come we wont get it? Is there anything else missing?

CW doesn't matter. For instance in my DMA, there's a CW and MYTV or whatever they call it. The CW is carried in SD on a subchannel of the FOX station and also carried in HD on it's own channel (lower power). MYTV is only carried in SD on a subchannel of the CBS station. Dish only carries the MYTV SD channel and not even the SD channel of the CW. And I don't consider this a huge DMA either but it's not small by any means.

Looks like the CW is a subchannel. Usually Dish doesnt carry the subchannel unless its a main network (like Fox in your case)

Looks like all the people that live in these smaller markets will see their bills go up $7 per month ($5 for the locals and $2 in the basic package) unless you have AT120 package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)