6/22/2010 9:45am - Uplink Activity Report - 33 changes

Hey, we can at least enjoy the $2 price drop Charlie is giving us for losing these channels right?

Hello?

Is this on?

Yeah..... My bill went up last month when he gave me HD Free for Life.... And only 2 months to go before my "loyalty" credits go away, and I get another $11 increase.

Fios is starting to look good. I hear they have they have the MLB channel too.

I've had E* for 10 years. I'm wondering if it is my last.

I stopped watching ABC Family when they canceled The Middleman, so no harm there. The only one that hurts is losing ESPNews HD. The others are useless to me, and my daughter only has standard def in her room anyway so she won't notice.

I'm worried though that ESPN2 and ESPN will be next.

Hey, we can at least enjoy the $2 price drop Charlie is giving us for losing these channels right?

Hello?

Is this on?

Yeah..... My bill went up last month when he gave me HD Free for Life.... And only 2 months to go before my "loyalty" credits go away, and I get another $11 increase.

Fios is starting to look good. I hear they have they have the MLB channel too.

I've had E* for 10 years. I'm wondering if it is my last.

Today is my last day with dish. Been with them for 12 years. Between the huge increase in fees, an issue they are unwilling to resolve, I have had it. Might not be better on the other side but it might. Sorry Dish. Abc and Disney are two of the most watched channels in my house.

S~

Thank God for Charlie. If he went away, who would stand up to the content providers? Everyone, absolutely everyone, would be paying significantly more than they currently pay for cable/satellite TV.

Charlie is a Flat out BS'er.

He had the Balls to sit in front of all his customers during the Charlie chat and BRAGG about his 200 HD channels Knowing he had issues with Disney.

Yep this guys is who your giving your money too.

Enjoy Dish fans.

Exactly the BS I'm sick of.

Since it appears at least part of this dispute rests in the courts hands I don't see it ending any time ''soon''.

Dish has a proven track record of being willing to appeal as many times as they're allowed and spend as much as necessary to avoid settling.

I hope i'm wrong.

This sucks the big one. I watch the Disney channels more than anything and they have the nerve to pull this and tell us to watch the cruddy SD channels. They might as well get rid of the SD channels because I refuse to watch a down-converted pixelated center cut version of a channel. I started to have respect for Dish adding new HD channels and now they got to remove the ones I watch the most to try to save us a dime. Well did you just increase our rates this month. Bunch of Bull.

4 channels I don't watch.. Go get em Charlie.. Stand up to Micky Mouse and show him who is boss.
Yep, way to stand up, Can't wait to see what you lose next.

While Everyone else's HD channel list will grow, Charlie's will continue shrinking.:p

By the way , How much notice did all the E* customers get before they lost these channels?

I tell you what in my bar we USED to keep ESPN News HD on a few T's along with the other ESPN channels. its a HUGE loss for me and my business

This is standing up to them??? By screwing subscribers out of channels they're paying for???
Wow...
Let's hope there's never a contractual dispute with a channel that YOU like.
Disney legally had the right to pull their feeds and they did - it's a negotiating tactic. Dish did not pull the feed.

You'd be singing a much different tune if Dish had already folded and your bill went up by $5/month next February.

Disney legally had the right to pull their feeds and they did - it's a negotiating tactic. Dish did not pull the feed.

You'd be singing a much different tune if Dish had already folded and your bill went up by $5/month next February.
Last time I checked, we Pay Dishnetwork based on the Channels offered.

So because E* didn't pull the feed, we should blaim Disney?

Let me see if Disney cashed my check last month , maybe thats why we lost service.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Agreed... it wasn't 'pulled' as per Scott's info previously.
My 2 local HD's were however pulled by dish.
The tune I'll be singing will be with Direct Tv if this isn't fixed soon.
I don't care if it's 5, 10 or 20 dollars more, I want these channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)